By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which one of the WRPGS do you like more? Fallout 3 or Oblivion?

Tagged games:

Fallout 3 or Elder Scrolls 4?

Fallout 3 31 36.90%

Elder Scrolls 4 35 41.67%

LOL I hate teh RPGS!!1 3 3.57%

See the results 15 17.86%

Total:84
oniyide said:
mantlepiecek said:

Well I completed the main storyline and I have to say it was pretty underwhelming. The ending was nice, but what it took to reach that point was tedious. They wh**ed the oblivion gates like anything, and for some reason I don't think its actually possible to play this game on the highest difficulty. The levelling up system is really broken, enemies scaling up to you is really trash to the point where they end up being stronger than you were before many times.

I know that fallout has a scaling system as well its just that the only enemy that had any kind of noticeable effect were the mutants.

i didnt even know there was a scaling system, but as you said its only noticable on mutants, even then i found they were not hard to kill as i level up. Especially when i got Fawkes and when i throw dogmeat in the mix, i barely have to fight, the only enemy that stayed a consistent pain in the ass was the deathclaw

I loved the deathclaws

If you want to know how to kill them easy : Engage only one of them and cripple their legs, however you can kill multiple if you cripple multiple enemies' legs. They walk slowly and can never reach you unless you are over-encumbered. Using explosives on their legs is the best option if you maxed them.

The above is not a cheat btw. I still marked it as spoiler if you want to find it on your own.

Around the Network

Oblivion modded to hell and back on the PC version. Didn't really care for fallout as much as I did Oblivion.

mantlepiecek said:
oniyide said:
mantlepiecek said:

Well I completed the main storyline and I have to say it was pretty underwhelming. The ending was nice, but what it took to reach that point was tedious. They wh**ed the oblivion gates like anything, and for some reason I don't think its actually possible to play this game on the highest difficulty. The levelling up system is really broken, enemies scaling up to you is really trash to the point where they end up being stronger than you were before many times.

I know that fallout has a scaling system as well its just that the only enemy that had any kind of noticeable effect were the mutants.

i didnt even know there was a scaling system, but as you said its only noticable on mutants, even then i found they were not hard to kill as i level up. Especially when i got Fawkes and when i throw dogmeat in the mix, i barely have to fight, the only enemy that stayed a consistent pain in the ass was the deathclaw

I loved the deathclaws

If you want to know how to kill them easy : Engage only one of them and cripple their legs, however you can kill multiple if you cripple multiple enemies' legs. They walk slowly and can never reach you unless you are over-encumbered. Using explosives on their legs is the best option if you maxed them.

The above is not a cheat btw. I still marked it as spoiler if you want to find it on your own.

thanks i knew that, but from a defense and HP POV they have that in spades which makes them the toughest SOBs in the game IMHO

oniyide said:
mantlepiecek said:
oniyide said:
mantlepiecek said:

I loved the deathclaws

thanks i knew that, but from a defense and HP POV they have that in spades which makes them the toughest SOBs in the game IMHO

Yeah that's true. They are the hardest and I think they are even harder in new vegas though not sure.

Personally, I can't stand Bethesda games. I get bored rather quickly. I like a little more plot structure and I feel the environments are just too repetitive.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network
FinalEvangelion said:
Personally, I can't stand Bethesda games. I get bored rather quickly. I like a little more plot structure and I feel the environments are just too repetitive.

Repetitive environments are definitely a minus point in both the rpgs so its understandable.

However its a little less repetitive in fallout new vegas from my experience but it doesn't have a better plot structure so you are in bad luck lol.

You may like something like mass effect 2.

I liked Fallout 3 more but I think it has a bit to do with personal preference.

mantlepiecek said:
FinalEvangelion said:

Repetitive environments are definitely a minus point in both the rpgs so its understandable.

However its a little less repetitive in fallout new vegas from my experience but it doesn't have a better plot structure so you are in bad luck lol.

You may like something like mass effect 2.

I am working on Mass Effect 1 right now, which I do like better.  I do prefer the Bioware games as far as wRPGs go.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.