By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony patented the ‘Wii U style’ tech in 2009 – Report

No, the fact that you're refusing to read and pay attention to what I said and instead call me a fanboy, more or less, is why I called your bullshit out. It has nothing to do with emotional investment. You just can't comprehend the words beyond what you WANT to comprehend and I'm sick of that kind of dumbassery going on here.

Also, nobody "lost their shit", I just talk like that. It's called the military, son. Ever heard of "cussing like a sailor"?

You still have yet to explain why I own multiple Sony and Microsoft systems (and DOZENS of games for them), yet would be a Nintendo fanboy.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network
demonfox13 said:
I wish more posters would be like you Marcus. On a happy note, you tried Deus Ex yet? Absolutely amazing, it feels as if Imma run into Rutger Hauer, or Harrison Ford in the next corner (Bladerunner for those that don't understand the reference). Anyway, I gotta take a break from Deus and do some nightly Dragon Nest runs hehe.

i wish. funds are low so i must conserve. how are you playing

thetonestarr said:

No, the fact that you're refusing to read and pay attention to what I said and instead call me a fanboy, more or less, is why I called your bullshit out. It has nothing to do with emotional investment. You just can't comprehend the words beyond what you WANT to comprehend and I'm sick of that kind of dumbassery going on here.

Also, nobody "lost their shit", I just talk like that. It's called the military, son. Ever heard of "cussing like a sailor"?

You still have yet to explain why I own multiple Sony and Microsoft systems (and DOZENS of games for them), yet would be a Nintendo fanboy.

i haven't seen all the post but don't let it get to you. stay level headed. your doing great.

thetonestarr said:

"It's absolutely nothing like WiiU"

when you post stuff like that you can't really expect me to take you seriously can you?

and then calling someone a "retard" when they unlike you see similarities

"yet would be a Nintendo fanboy."

i never called you anything btw 

o_O.Q said:
thetonestarr said:

when you post stuff like that you can't really expect me to take you seriously can you?

i've reveiw'd  thetonestarr's original post, and your original quote and can only say i see both points. its a close one to call.

o_o.o has a valid point as the wiiu console is a receivinig device which is part of the patent, but there are a few things seemingly missing as far as the actual controls for both controlers are conserned.

it seems Sony's patent is much wider then that of the WiiU's controler which fits inside the patent but Sony's patent is still rather vague.

Around the Network
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
o_O.Q said:
thetonestarr said:

i've reveiw'd  thetonestarr's original post, and your original quote and can only say i see both points. its a close one to call.

o_o.o has a valid point as the wiiu console is a receivinig device which is part of the patent, but there are a few things seemingly missing as far as the actual controls for both controlers are conserned.

it seems Sony's patent is much wider then that of the WiiU's controler which fits inside the patent but Sony's patent is still rather vague.

ok

btw unrelated question would you say that so far nintendo has been vague in terms of their plans for the wii u or that you have a fairly clear idea of where they are going with it?

o_O.Q said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
o_O.Q said:
thetonestarr said:

ok

btw would you say that so far nintendo has been vague in terms of their plans for the wii u or that you have a fairly clear idea of where they are going with it?

its not completly clear as all the Wiiu's constroles and abitlities are not yet known from my perspective. it seems Sony's patent has a wide reach of a few areas that are somehwt beyond wht Ninty is doing with Wiiu

it goes back to the PSV arguement v Wiiu controler. i don't think the Vita can be a wireless controler for PS3 and work the same way the Wiiu controler can wirelessly.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
o_O.Q said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
o_O.Q said:
thetonestarr said:

ok

btw would you say that so far nintendo has been vague in terms of their plans for the wii u or that you have a fairly clear idea of where they are going with it?

its not completly clear as all the Wiiu's constroles and abitlities are not yet known from my perspective. it seems Sony's patent has a wide reach of a few areas that are somehwt beyond wht Ninty is doing with Wiiu

it goes back to the PSV arguement v Wiiu controler. i don't think the Vita can be a wireless controler for PS3 and work the same way the Wiiu controler can wirelessly.

ok just asking

o_O.Q said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
o_O.Q said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
o_O.Q said:
thetonestarr said:

ok

ok just asking

ok but your not getting off that easy.

whts your take on my post? 

KylieDog said:
scottie said:
Has the writer of the article used the Wii U? Or read anything about it? The device described in that patent is no more related to the Wii U than any handheld device with a camera on the rear; Wii U, 3DS, DSi, iphone, ipad, pretty much any other smartphone or tablet, and even a lot of non smart phones.

Look at the picture. This technology requires you to point the small screen at a section of the tv screen, and it shows you the part of the tv screen that you are pointing at, and then overlays stuff on top. i.e. it lets you use the second screen to find hidden objects, such as the ghost in the picture. They did not patent the use of a screen on your controller, that would be too general to count as a patent. What they did patent was a very specific form of gameplay along the lines of AR games like invisimals.

What Sony has laid out is what Wii U does, look at this video 7 at the 1:50 mark, it is used to find things not usually visible on the screen.

Excellent, so we have gone from 'the Wii U is infringing this copyright' to 'a single section of a Wii U tech demo infringes this copyright'

Lol @ the bolded. It iwas one of the things that the Wii U can do. it is also one of the things that the iphone could do - if people wanted to make a game like that on the iphone they could.