By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony OLED, 3D HDTV Headset - Just take my money!

Would you buy these?

WHAT A STUPID QUESTION! TAKE MY MONEY! 35 42.68%

Buy these? Nah, I'll stick with my Tube TV. 15 18.29%

I'll wait and get it bun... 31 37.80%

Total:81
Necromunda said:

The picture is solid as well.

http://gizmodo.com/5835977/sonys-hmz+t1-is-an-awesome-oled-3dtv-that-you-wear-on-your-head

Im sure its solid too. LOL

Around the Network
Icyedge said:
Necromunda said:

The picture is solid as well.

http://gizmodo.com/5835977/sonys-hmz+t1-is-an-awesome-oled-3dtv-that-you-wear-on-your-head

Im sure its solid too. LOL

I posted the impression from a different hands on impression in the OTHER thread, honestly, your an idiot.

d21lewis said:
darkknightkryta said:
Icyedge said:
Necromunda said:
d21lewis said:
darkknightkryta said:

Um I actually used these and I'll say, while cool, it's not too impressive. That "150 inch" at 6 feet away is lies really. It was cool that things were in 3D, but everything was soo tiny.  Like I was using those things that had a feed from Killzone 3 and I could barely make out what was going on.

In a mere four sentences, you totally killed my hype. :(

No reason for your hype to be dead, not to discredit this guy or anything, but damn near every other major publication or third party source which have tried these out vouches completely opposite to kryta's claim. So I wouldn't worry about it at all really. Don't let the hype die, dawg.

Im surprise about the statement too. I didnt try the Sony model specifically but normally, HMD always have a virtually big screen since your eyes are next to the screens. Maybe the nose adjustement wasnt alright and his eyes were too far from the screen. Being only a couple of centimeters farther then it should would make a drastic difference on virtual screen size.

I gotta defend myself here against Necromunda (Not against Icyedge cause he could very well be right and the device wasn't calibrated properly), but I  had that visor on my head, the speakers were right on my ears, they were on properly, what I saw was a tiny screen that I could barely make out.  One thing I did make out was that it was 3D.  Reading articles vs actual use, I wonder what I'd believe, my own senses.  As they were when I used them, they were useless.  Were they calibrated properly?  Maybe not.  If you want the proof yourself, go to any con where Sony will be and they'll have them.  Fan Expo is a big con in Canada, but it's pretty small in who comes, Sony was there with them, they'll be anywhere.  Give them a try for yourself.  If what you see is a ginormous screen, then the visors weren't calibrated properly when I used them.  But don't believe everything you read in print.

But....aren't I reading this in print?  Now I'm more confused than ever!

Idiot?!? Wow, get a life man.

THIS is why i love sony.
The balls they have to actually put something like this out into the market. No other tech manufacturer would do this. It may not sell well but they know what they are doing. There may well be limited quantities at launch since Sony has no way of knowing if this thing will take off.

They are obviously doing everything to keep the cost down. A wireless version could exist for a lot more money. I am thinking Sony wants others to compete with them in this space to drive innovation and awareness. Everyone complaining about Isolation, it has a video out so others could watch what the viewer is seeing on any tv.

They just need to incorporate gyroscopes, eye tracking, (as others have said). Also a kinect like device built into each unit. This small version of kinect would read your hand movements and gestures as you reach out in front of yourself. It would not be made for jumping or full body movement, just hands. An internal mic for online connectivity would be great as well.

You turn your head to the right, the in-game world shifts accordingly. You look up, it reads your eyes and then you are looking at the sky.

A controller could exist as well, but it would be optimized in some way.

and that = the future VR that we all dream of. This could exist no problem at affordable prices by 2015.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Around the Network

Hmm.

Wireless? Yes sir.

Im sold.

I'd have to try it before I ever considered buying it...but I really have like next to no interest at all in it.

This is awesome in theory for nerds like us, but the mainstream market isn't going to touch these things with a 10 foot pole. Ever.

Too pricey. Too dorky. Too awkward. The average person doesn't want to spend $800 and end up looking like that blind dude from Star Trek just to watch tv by themselves.

I'm just imagining how awesome it's going to be when I use this thing with my Kinect or my Wii.

They should have kept the front design of the prototype though. That looked more badass and futuristic. Maybe slapped a camera on there so you could switch to camera mode so you wouldn't have to take the gear off if someone was talking to you :P

Check out my game about moles ^