By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are they really gonna call it Mario kart 7?

Tagged games:

They will change it after all they wouldn't want people to know that they are serving 7th rehash of their innovating gaming franchise ;)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

I see that they are discounting the two arcade MK games, as including them would bump it up to the 9th MK game.

It'll be Mario Kart 3DS almost guaranteed

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Mario Kart 3DS: Fly and Dive

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

...wait what? They won't call it mario kart 7. :3

Around the Network

Mario Kart Eye Popping Extravaganza!!!

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Xxain said:
If you look at lower left corner of the box it points out that its only tempary ... It will most likely be called Mario Kart 3D

Wrong. It's a temporary BOXART, not a temporary NAME.

Nintendo has already officially stated it's going to be called Mario Kart 7, and from a marketing and general public's point of view, that's the best possible name it could take. Nintendo has made it pretty clear already that they don't want to tack 3DS onto the end of any games' names. And putting 3D at the end hasn't proven the best move either, especially since Nintendo's approach has been to put that at the end of REMAKES. This isn't a remake. It's an original title.

Calling it MK7 is simple, to-the-point, and clear.

SW-5120-1900-6153

they'll probably call it Mario Kart Seven

I don't think Mario Kart 7 sounds nice at all, but I'd guess it would be officially called Mario Kart 3DS

To me Mario Kart 7 sounds nice.
I guess it's personal preference.
I surely do like it more than "3D" or "3DS" at the end.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/