By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA has blocked Turn 10 from including Porsche in upcoming Xbox 360 exclusive racing game Forza 4

Tagged games:

ethomaz said:
oniyide said:
ethomaz said:
Michael-5 said:
oniyide said:
Didnt MS do something like this with the whole custom soundtrack thing?? Thats why there the only console that has it fully integrated?? Im just asking, not condoning this, but WTH you gonna do??

Well Turn 10 has exclusive rights to Ferarri, yet they still let GT5 have Ferarri's. Does this attack on Forza mean that the next NFS will be Ferarri free?

What BS EA, not going to look at Battlefield 3 now. I can't stand shit like this, was really looking forward to Forza 4 being the end all best SIM, but now without Porsche, It's not uniformly better then FM3..

Just on 360 and PC (and in 360 just for DLC, retail game on 360 could have Ferrari too)... any other plataform could have Ferrari in any game .

well... that seems redundant to me, Forza is already an MS exclusive franchise, So does that mean other racing games on 360 will have no Ferarri??? I dont see that happening as the multiplat games will be better on other systems. Imagine the next NFS or whatever has Ferrari only on PS3 or hell even Wii.  I dont think MS will let that fly.

But why are people shocked anyway?? THis is EA the same bastards that bought NFL license because they knew they were about to get served by that cheaper football game

I can explain better... first 360, the deal is just for DLC so any game on 360 could have Ferrari but none by DLC... if retail games came with Ferrari it's ok, but DLC (XLive games or add content) not.

I can't say how works the deal for PC but I guess it's the same thing.

For any other plataform the Ferrari is free for use (just need to talk with Ferrari for royalties).

that makes more sense

Around the Network
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Marks said:
Wow EA are douches for doing that. Shift is shit, do they really think it can compete with GT and Forza? And do they really think the inclusion of Porsches will be a deciding factor for someone deciding between Forza 4 and Shift 2?

it looks that way. i may get need for speed bargan ben but not new retail(not likely though as i'm a viper over porche man myself). i got a few friends that like it because you not just racing on tracks but i'd tell them to get mod nation racers and build your own in enviroments. 

Yeah Vipers are pretty sweet cars. I'm a Corvette man myself but I like Vipers too. 

Plus Forza has such a sweet list of manufacturers like Ferrari, Lambo, Aston, Jag, Lexus, BMW, Merc...etc. So I highly doubt anyone will be pissed enough at no Porsche to not buy the game. 

don't want to start a car war now... I don't like porshe.... but sorry beside in straight lines any given viper, or corvette has nothing on any given porshe.... first turn I eat you alive... as matter of fact that goes for any US muscle or sports car... handling is just terrible, just the design make them worst to handle than a tanker during a hurricane...

what I'm saying is that for the sake of the racing sim missing out porshe is a bigger deal.... those viper are nice and all but those are not the one that will help me platnum the title..... anyway if I could afford any of these I'd be happy :D so really not trying to start a war....

Marks said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Marks said:
Wow EA are douches for doing that. Shift is shit, do they really think it can compete with GT and Forza? And do they really think the inclusion of Porsches will be a deciding factor for someone deciding between Forza 4 and Shift 2?

it looks that way. i may get need for speed bargan ben but not new retail(not likely though as i'm a viper over porche man myself). i got a few friends that like it because you not just racing on tracks but i'd tell them to get mod nation racers and build your own in enviroments. 

Yeah Vipers are pretty sweet cars. I'm a Corvette man myself but I like Vipers too. 

Plus Forza has such a sweet list of manufacturers like Ferrari, Lambo, Aston, Jag, Lexus, BMW, Merc...etc. So I highly doubt anyone will be pissed enough at no Porsche to not buy the game.  dito

i can't race a corvet to save my life in any racing game, but if it wasn't for my grandmothers love for the corvet i likely would be interested in sports cars.

Around the Network
Marks said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Marks said:

Plus Forza has such a sweet list of manufacturers like Ferrari, Lambo, Aston, Jag, Lexus, BMW, Merc...etc. So I highly doubt anyone will be pissed enough at no Porsche to not buy the game. 

If it weren't for Jeremy Clarkson, I wouldn't have. I didn't buy GT5 for this reason (I borrow a copy from one of my friends).

Viper is one car, Porsche is a company devoted to making sports cars. Not including one car like the Carrerra GT, or 911 GT3 isn't such a big deal because there are other Porsches or similar cars. Eliminating Porsche all together, well what fills in that void? How many 4 seater mid or rear engine cares are out there? The Lotus Evora? At least if Viper were gone there would be Corvette, Panoz, and the Ford GT.

I hope there are 911's in DLC... Is that a possibility?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results