By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - offical NO MORE HEROES HYPE THREAD

Buy this game and support the campaign. Don't let this game become another Zack and Wiki in terms of sales. Pledge your support and your soul to this campaign. BUYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit] Gameplay

Throughout the game, the player controls the character Travis Touchdown. The game has a free roaming world,[4] allowing Travis to move around on foot or on his motorcycle, the "Schpel Tiger".[5] Game play is open-ended, with the concession that the player must kill the top ten assassins for the storyline to progress. There are numerous part time job side quests to earn money and gain additional weapons.

Control is handled through the Wii Remote and Nunchuk attachment, with the Remote controlling the katana beam and the Nunchuk moving Travis. Most attacks are performed using the "A" button, with certain other moves, including finishing strikes and sword lock breaks, executed by following on-screen instructions. Further, since the sword runs on batteries, the player has to shake the remote from time to time to recharge it.[6] While the sword does not follow the exact position of the remote, it is able to distinguish between different height levels and the angle of attacks. Successful execution of these moves provide additional chances for attacks. Travis has also been shown demonstrating professional wrestling maneuvers to subdue opponents, including an array of suplexes, done by manipulating both the Wii Remote and Nunchuk.

[edit] Plot

The story revolves around Travis Touchdown, a stereotypical otaku who lives in poverty in the fictional town of Santa Destroy, California. After winning a beam katana in an internet auction he agrees to assassinate a hitman, Helter Skelter, which earns him rank 11 by the UAA, the governing body of assassins. For the rest of the game the player lives Travis' life, earning money and climbing the ranks of the UAA, eventually discovering secrets of his past.

[edit] Characters

Above Travis in the UAA are ten other assassins, such as Destroyman, Death Metal and Dr. Peace. Travis is aided by a weapons maker named Doctor Naomi and Thunder Ryu. Doctor Naomi sells upgrades and more powerful beam katanas, whilst Thunder Ryu opeartes a gym, allowing Travis to increase his speed, combos and health through paid training sessions.

[edit] Development

Suda 51 has cited the film El Topo among the inspirations for No More Heroes,[5] and saying the game is violent. In one interview he went so far as to say it is "as violent, or even more violent than Manhunt 2,"[4] a game that received an AO rating from the ESRB in its original form. A trailer shown at the March 2007 Game Developers Conference featured Travis Touchdown using the beam katana to cut characters in half and cut off enemies' heads, with copious amounts of blood being spilled.[citation needed] Later videos featured clouds of black pixels and objects resembling coins spurting from enemies instead of blood.[7] it was later explained that the "black clouds" version would be released in Japan, while the United States and Europe would receive the game with the previously seen blood.[8] Later, however, Suda51 decided to release the bloodless version in Europe as well.[9]

Yūsuke Kozaki, who has previously designed characters for Speed Grapher, is designing the characters for No More Heroes.[10] Others on the team include costume designer Okama, who designed the OP for Densha Otoko, and weapons and mechanics designer Shigeto Koyama, who worked on Eureka Seven as an illustrator. Suda 51 has stated that he is "very interested in online play" and that if it is not incorporated in No More Heroes, then it will be used in his next Wii game.[11]

[edit] Reception

The Japanese release received a 34/40 from Famitsu, a Japanese gaming magazine.[12]

A poorly attended launch event for the game was held on December 6, 2007 at Akihabara's Sofmap Amusement featuring both Suda 51 and Wada Yasuhiro signing copies of the games and giving away premiums. After 20 minutes passed without any purchases, a Famitsu reporter had a copy signed while others took photos.[13] No More Heroes sold approximately 10,000 copies on its first day of release in Japan.[14]

[edit] Staff

[edit] Production staff

[edit] Voice actors

Three voice actors from Suda 51's previous production, killer7, returned for the voice casting of No More Heroes: Robin Atkin Downes (who voiced Hiro Kasai, Hasegawa and the maître d' in killer7, and Travis Touchdown in No More Heroes), Steve Blum (who voiced Kenjiro Matsuoka, Benjamin Keane and Trevor Pearlharbor in killer7, and Dark Star in No More Heroes), and James Horan (who voiced Jean DePaul in killer7, and Harvey Moiseiwitsch Volodarskii in No More Heroes).

info from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_More_Heroes_(video_game)

screens from IGN:

If I were _____________then maybe I would have friends

Around the Network

Looks like GTA 3 with wooden figures and XIII art direction, no thanks! But by all means; go and buy.

come on people support this game if you want more quality efforts from 3rd parties.

day 1 purchase ofc =D

this game will sell way better than Z&W, it has a way broader audience to touch into.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

I'm gonna buy this game!

"Like you know"

Around the Network

@luckduck: your signature:

"If I was _____________than maybe I would have friends"

first, please fix it... there are 2 grammatical errors in 9 words.  i hate to nitpick but that kind of error frequency is getting on my nerves.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Lingyis said:

first, please fix it... there are 2 grammatical errors in 9 words.  i hate to nitpick but that kind of error frequency is getting on my nerves.

Hmmm... O.o ... I only see 1, unless you count the missing period too?

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

Lingyis said:

chillout, this isn't english class and I fixed my sig just for you.

is that the official boxart?

--OkeyDokey-- said:
is that the official boxart?

its the official NA box art.

Oh yeah, there's a rumor stating that this game will launch January 24 opposed the same day as Brawl.

launching on the same day as Brawl would have killed the game's sales