By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Jack Layton has died. (canadian political leader)

You have my sympathies Canada... He was the the most respectable politician in all the western continent. The great champion of Environmentalism and Humanity in the West. It is a great loss that echoes all around the world.

Much love from Heidelberg.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Im a Canadian and we lost a Great man,he put others before him
My deepest strength to his family

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton

I would say something but I think this is one of those times where "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all"

I've gotta say as someone who loves Politics and loves my country I actually shed a tear upon hearing the news of his passing. Jack Layton was my second most respected leader (Behind only Stephen Harper). I had a great deal of respect for Jack and to be honest I found he wasn't like most other politicians. Jack had a charisma a passion a legitamite interest in the lives of Canadian's. He was also one of the only leaders since I have been alive to visit my riding.

While I am Conservative I voted NDP in my provincial elections and I love Jack Layton. While I disagree with some of Jack's positions I can't help but love the guy for his genuine passion and kindness.

If only all politicians were like Jack, this world would be a better place.

RIP Jack you will be missed and your time with us will be cherished by most Canadians!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer