By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Predict Star Wars Blu-ray sales

So the Blu-ray to the biggest and greatest movie of the current world is gonna release on September 12th.

We all know it is gonna break every record blu-ray has set till now and will top

Avatar Blu-ray sales are more than 10million surely,could be in the space of 15-25million

I say it will atleast top 35 million

Around the Network
snakenobi said:

So the Blu-ray to the biggest and greatest movie of the current world is gonna release on September 12th.

We all know it is gonna break every record blu-ray has set till now and will top

Avatar Blu-ray sales are more than 10million surely,could be in the space of 15-25million

I say it will atleast top 35 million

35 Million?  I dont think so Tim.

This will end up in the 14-18M range,  with 20M being the absolute max it will do.

i think 15 million is the max for the blu-ray collection

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
i think 15 million is the max for the blu-ray collection

STAR WARS has far bigger impact on pop culture

collection might sell that much but total sales will go beyond 20million for sure

+1 for me, if they are the original non cgi enhanced versions.

Sales depend on what versions there are. I didn't buy the lotr blu-ray until the extended cut came out. If star wars comes out first with a version with enhanced cgi, then I'll wait again.

Anyone know what version is coming out on the 12th?

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
+1 for me, if they are the original non cgi enhanced versions.

Sales depend on what versions there are. I didn't buy the lotr blu-ray until the extended cut came out. If star wars comes out first with a version with enhanced cgi, then I'll wait again.

Anyone know what version is coming out on the 12th?

all the versions are packed,this is a mega collection with 40 hours of bonus content

The sales will be big, but I don't think they'll be as big as avatar in terms of units shipped. The cost of the box is far higher, its an old movie that many people already own on previous formats and from what I remember it doesn't come with the original cut (which will put of some of the harder core fans more likely to buy the box sets)?

What you'll be looking at is something that doesn't sell as many units but rakes in a ridiculous amount of cash because of the cost for the various box sets will be high.

FaRmLaNd said:
The sales will be big, but I don't think they'll be as big as avatar in terms of units shipped. The cost of the box is far higher, its an old movie that many people already own on previous formats and from what I remember it doesn't come with the original cut (which will put of some of the harder core fans more likely to buy the box sets)?

What you'll be looking at is something that doesn't sell as many units but rakes in a ridiculous amount of cash because of the cost for the various box sets will be high.

the collection is actually very cheap to be honest

and it comes separately for both the trilogies

It will sell oodles.

That said, I preordered it the day it was announced though I'm considering cancelling the preorder. I want the original movies.