By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How many lives did you lose on your (first) Super Mario Galaxy file?

I may never see that screen. :(

Around the Network

Ditto.

I'm surprised! I was never that good in Mario games, yet my numbers are:

108 for Mario, 72 for Luigi

I never looked at that number but I lost like 20 in a row doing the Daredevil run in the Lava world so it's probably pretty high. :)

Don't have my Wii with me right now but it was horrid. Something like 500 combined or so. YEAH! I win/lose?? Pretty much all as Mario too. 

I'll probably go back and see how low I can get soon but I doubt I have the patience for a 0 death file.  Way too much resetting needed.

Around the Network

99/M 64/L

Quality for Life

81 stars with Mario so far, so I'll update once I reach 120. Thus far, my biggest hangup was with the daredevil run for the ghost boss (the one that lobs stones at you). Damn, I must've gone through 15 lives in a row on that guy.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Actually Garcian it won't tell you till after you not only get 120 with Mario but all 121 with both Mario and Luigi.

Is the game harder than SMS? Some challenge in Sunshine made lose hair. I will be buying it very soon.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

ItsaMii said:
Is the game harder than SMS? Some challenge in Sunshine made lose hair. I will be buying it very soon.

Not really. The levels are probably equally diificult, but the lack of hard bosses, massive availiability of 1-ups and checkpoints every few planets mean you'll never be frustrated.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.