By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Megadeth and Iron Maiden

Xen said:
Roy Khan? Isn't he that Kamelot dude?
He's okay.

He used to be Kamelot's dude. They splitted up...

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
Oh, and I haven't seen much discussion about Progressive Metal, stuff like Dream Theater. Seriously, you can't go wrong there.

Dream Theater and Symphony X!!

pariz said:
Runa216 said:
Oh, and I haven't seen much discussion about Progressive Metal, stuff like Dream Theater. Seriously, you can't go wrong there.

Opeth ?

Chrizum said:
Metallica kicks both their asses.

Other nice, similar bands: Testament, Death Angel, Pantera, Machine Head, Evile, Corrosion of Conformity, Mastodon...

I'm off to see Machine Head in December! I friggin love that band.

Any love for Nevermore? What about Strapping Young Lad?

Around the Network
GodOfWar_3ever said:
pariz said:
Runa216 said:

Opeth ?

Gutural voices are not my thing but they are superb musics indeed.

pariz said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
pariz said:
Runa216 said:

Opeth ?

Gutural voices are not my thing but they are superb musics indeed.

Do you know Porcupine Tree? They're not metal, but they are very prog. If you like this kind of music you may like em.

GodOfWar_3ever said:

Trivium released an album last year ? :/

If you're talking about In waves, yeah I agree..It felt like a half hearted effort. Ascendancy and Shogun were just fantastic imo...

And I agree that metal has a shitload of sub-genres and everything... I was just a little annoyed by Xen...thought he was one of those really annoying people who think screaming your ass out = good metal.

Anyone looking forward to the new machine head and mastodon albums set to release this year ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jGZJxnJk-4&ob=av3e

Yeah In waves. There are some catchy songs on it but expectations were high after Shogun.

Machine head should be alright. I wasn't a huge fan of the Blackening (and their concept of 8 minute songs that go on and on) but they are very capable even if a little predictable after their Ashes comeback. I liked them better when things were unexpected and a rap metal song would follow message in a bottle cover which would follow something brutal...

disolitude said:

Yeah In waves. There are some catchy songs on it but expectations were high after Shogun.

Machine head should be alright. I wasn't a huge fan of the Blackening (and their concept of 8 minute songs that go on and on) but they are very capable even if a little predictable after their Ashes comeback. I liked them better when things were unexpected and a rap metal song would follow message in a bottle cover which would follow something brutal...

Yeah Shogun was just brilliant. Its an album which I never skip over a song in...every single song in it sounds amazing to me. In Waves sounds a bit too clean doesn't it ? And the beautiful riffage they had going in Shogun is missing.

I was a huge fan of The Blackening... One of the very best albums in recent years imo. Although yeah, I could understand why someone would think there songs are too similar to each other.

Old Maiden is the best metal band in history (up until the Seventh Son of a Seventh Son album from 1988) but new Maiden stinks.