By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan: 3DS sols 207k units last week

kowenicki said:
leatherhat said:
But...but... the smart phones...

Proof that if you give consumers the right price they will bite.

lol... you needed proof of that?

and the too often used and rather ittitating  "but but" thing is, in this case, way off.

There is no doubt whatsoever that the smartphone market will diminish handheld sales.  I will bet you any amount of money you like the 3ds and Vita combined get nowhere near DS and PSP sales combined.

If people didn't post things that might irritate you nothing would ever get posted. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
leatherhat said:
kowenicki said:
leatherhat said:

and the too often used and rather ittitating  "but but" thing is, in this case, way off.

There is no doubt whatsoever that the smartphone market will diminish handheld sales.  I will bet you any amount of money you like the 3ds and Vita combined get nowhere near DS and PSP sales combined.

If people didn't post things that might irritate you nothing would ever get posted. 

I can only hope you take that on board...

Oh Kowen you so crazy!

Time for hype

leatherhat said:
kowenicki said:
leatherhat said:

I deduce you're still unaware of the secret VGC conspiracy to piss kowenicki off, didn't any conspirator invite you to join it yet?   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Galaki said:
Mordred11 said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
So, with a 33% price cut each 5 months, it should drop to $75-80 just after Xmas 2012... Very nice, at that price (and with a lot more games) it will be a bargain I won't be able to say no!

And before you know it,they will give 3DS's along with newspapers and magazines.

Whatever it takes to help keep the newspapers industry alive.

LOL, maybe newspapers are the secret Ninty market expansion plan! And how about easter eggs surprises?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

now they need a new super mario bros 3ds game, and pokemon red and blue remakes, to sustain sales in the long run alongside mario kart.

Around the Network
Alby_da_Wolf said:
leatherhat said:
kowenicki said:
leatherhat said:

I deduce you're still unaware of the secret VGC conspiracy to piss kowenicki off, didn't any conspirator invite you to join it yet?   

Nobody ever invites me to the secret meetings.

Time for hype

leatherhat said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
leatherhat said:
kowenicki said:
leatherhat said:

Nobody ever invites me to the secret meetings.

This is unjust! I'll remedy, you're invited!   

RolStoppable said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
leatherhat said:

There is a conspiracy, but it's not a secret one.

Not anymore, anyhow... Sorry, my fault!   

wow, 3DS sold amazingly well, I wonder how much software went up, I can imagine OoT selling quite a lot this week