By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Which PS3 console did you buy?

I have the 60GB-version, bought it from a friend this november, extremely happy with my purchase, didn't think I'd use BC all that much but since I didn't have a PS2 it has really come in handy so I'm very glad that I got my hands on a 60GB instead of a 40GB..

PSN: TrbSvns.

Around the Network

60 GB, because it stores the most GB, while having backwards compatibility, due to the existence of the Emotion Engine, unlike the 40 GB, and 80 GB versions. Instead of making the Playstation 3 better, they make it worse. Sorry, but I don't like the other Playstation 3 consoles. I only like the 60 GB version. The 20 GB version is missing too many things, that the 60 GB version has, including the chrome!

60gig in March as that was the only one at the time in the UK

I got the 60 gig the first day of the first price drop. $600 was cut down to $499.

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937

@PDF
160GB???!! Awesome!!!! Eat you hearts out, 360 Elite owners!!!!
/offtopic

I got a 60 GB US PS3 on January 11, 2007± 1 week or so. I got CoD3 the next day(on sale at Walmart for $43.68!!!).
I do not regret paying US$600 for my PS3 as I still play a lot of my PS2 games (love hardware B/C.). IMHO, the 60GB NTSC PS3 was the best one ever made. None of the others have all the features it has (B/C, wifi, media card readers - I use them more than I thought I would... ) and it has plenty of HDD space - I still have 43GB free on my HD.
However, I just got some awesome video editing software, so I'm starting to put a lot of home movies on the PS3, because then I don't have to make them into VCDs or DVDs to be able to watch them on a big screen. Also, the PS3's hard drive player scales them (Most of my vids are only SD, and I have a 1080i 32in LCD) better than Windows Media Player or Quicktime or the PS3's DVD player, and I don't have a VGA or DVI input on my TV.

And, as PDF said earlier, I have bragging rights...

<insert awesome signature here>

Around the Network

80 gig

40GB

I'm planning to install a more capable HDD on it soon

60gb launch

it is now a 120gb (my laptop came equipped with three 120gb harddrives. I thought it to be a bit excessive and placed one in my ps3) 

akuma587 said:
60 gig in December of 2006.

Same here.