By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN UK Review: Xenoblade is the best JRPG of the generation

Antabus said:
ShadowSoldier said:

seriously I wish this was on the PS3/360....

Me too. It would be soo much better on 360.

I actually agree with you. I would love to have this one on the Xbox 360. But i also want to use my Wii since it's been a while i've played something there. And i've never played a good Wii RPG (Opoona is far from being good). So, in my opinion the Wii players deserve this one. There's nothing to whine about here.

Around the Network
Antabus said:
pezus said:

The game wouldn't be a lot better in HD...

Of course it would be. Better graphics, real surround sound and of course, no lame waggle at all.

In case you didn't know, the game supports the Classic Controller. So you're not forced to use the Wii Remote.

To those of you who wish it was on 360/PS3, get a Wii U since I'm sure their next game would be pretty amazing as well and it will only be on a Nintendo platform =P.

Antabus said:
pezus said:
Antabus said:

Pot, kettle.

I feel sorry for you, you can't even see that the game would be a lot better on 360/PS3.

Of course it would be. Better graphics, real surround sound and of course, no lame waggle at all.

I feel so sorry for people who have been brainwashed to think HD makes a game better.

melbye said:
Antabus said:

I feel so sorry for people who have been brainwashed to think HD makes a game better.

Yeah. Of course, it is very logical to say that worse graphics and lack of surround sound make the game better. I see.

Around the Network
Fab_GS said:
Antabus said:
pezus said:

In case you didn't know, the game supports the Classic Controller. So you're not forced to use the Wii Remote.

Does wii come with a classic controller?

lurkerwithnosoul said:
Antabus said:
ShadowSoldier said:

I actually agree with you. I would love to have this one on the Xbox 360. But i also want to use my Wii since it's been a while i've played something there. And i've never played a good Wii RPG (Opoona is far from being good). So, in my opinion the Wii players deserve this one. There's nothing to whine about here.

Yes there is something to whine about, I got rid of my wii because I thought this and that other(forgot the name) jrpg were not coming to eu. :P Oh well, if those games come to EU and wii gets a price drop... I still own a copy of lego indiana jones wii!

Antabus said:
lurkerwithnosoul said:
Antabus said:
ShadowSoldier said:

Yes there is something to whine about, I got rid of my wii because I thought this and that other(forgot the name) jrpg were not coming to eu. :P Oh well, if those games come to EU and wii gets a price drop... I still own a copy of lego indiana jones wii!

Well, Xenoblade is now in EU, I believe The Last Story ("that other jrpg", from the creator of Final Fantasy) has also been confirmed for EU. As to a price drop, the Wii just had one in EU, no?

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

bmmb1 said:
Antabus said:

Well, Xenoblade is now in EU, I believe The Last Story ("that other jrpg", from the creator of Final Fantasy) has also been confirmed for EU. As to a price drop, the Wii just had one in EU, no?

I have not been following video game news much during summer, but I think there has been a pricedrop. You can get a wii for 132 euros now.

RolStoppable said:
Antabus said:
RolStoppable said:

So you are back to your old self again.

What's going wrong in your life? Why is it that the only way you can feel better about yourself is by putting others down? Your time would be better spent to correct your life, rather than posting on a video games website. It wouldn't only be better for this community, but more importantly, for yourself.

Pot, kettle.

I feel sorry for you, you can't even see that the game would be a lot better on 360/PS3.

I don't spend the majority of my time on this site here to talk down what other people like and if I criticize something, then I am sincere about it. You on the other hand only try to rile people up. You don't like JRPGs, you pretty much despise Japanese games on the whole. Didn't you call JRPGs "anime storybooks" just today?

And no, the game wouldn't be better on either of the HD consoles as JRPGs have proven this generation. Due to the large amount of work it takes to create worlds, JRPGs have by and large been stripped down to keep the quality of the content consistent. It's probable that Xenoblade Chronicles would have only been about half the game it is on the Wii. Yes, you would have gotten better graphics, but the tradeoff would have been less content. Considering the general values of JRPG fans, this would have made the game a lot worse on 360/PS3.

Aww. I guess that has to be true, because you say so.