By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN UK Review: Xenoblade is the best JRPG of the generation

This would be a nice one to release on the Wii U as an HD conversion. But, I don't think sales will justify such a move.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network

This is probably how they imagine us observing XENOBLADE's release overseas.

This is probably  the reason why Nintendo hesitates to bring this game to the west.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

I wonder how so many DS games received great review scores from IGN as their graphics were nowhere close to a brand new top gaming PC (why stop at the mediocre graphical performance of a ps3?).

morenoingrato said:
Closing Comments
Xenoblade Chronicles is the best Japanese RPG of this generation. The fact that it looks like it's from the last generation is its only drawback, but its technical limitations are offset by imaginative artistic direction, innovative and compelling combat, and thoughtful design. It's a throwback to the glory days of the genre, proof that there are always new ways to tell a story. If you've ever felt neglected by the lack of in-depth gaming epics on the Wii, you owe it to yourself to buy this.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               .
IGN UK Ratings for Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii)
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               .
Rating Description
out of 10 Click here for ratings guide
8.5 Presentation
Beautiful design makes up for Xenoblade's graphical shortcomings – but it's disappointing that the dialogue isn't lip-synced.
7.0 Graphics
This is the best that the Wii can do, but it's not really up to modern standards. The artistic direction makes up for a lack of technical grunt.
8.5 Sound
A super, varied score with generally excellent localised voice acting. After 35 hours or so you'll have heard one or two of the battle themes a few too many times, though.
9.0 Gameplay
A fantastic battle system and literally hundreds of optional quests make this a more exciting experience minute-to-minute than most other games in its genre. There's repetition, but it doesn't grate.
9.0 Lasting Appeal
There's so much of Xenoblade Chronicles that you can't even tell when the end is in sight. A true epic.
OVERALL
Amazing
(out of 10)

http://wii.ign.com/articles/118/1187845p1.html

Fuck you Reggie, fuck you.

Im echoing this until it comes here....seriously I wish this was on the PS3/360....then it would already be here

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Sucks for Americans.

Also the graphics comment is hilarious, according to their logic everything should be compared to games running on top end PCs.

Around the Network
ShadowSoldier said:

seriously I wish this was on the PS3/360....

Me too. It would be soo much better on 360.

gotta love some of the comments on IGN:
"Sorry Mario but your awesome games are in another country.
Mario:WTF?!"

btw is there anything us Americans can do in order to fill out a game review for XB on club Nintendo so they'll know we imported it?
I don't mean in order to get points, rather to make one.

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Antabus said:
ShadowSoldier said:

I don't think Xenoblade would work well as a first person shooter. :)

On the serious side, 360 had some good JRPG a few years ago. Too bad they didn't sold more so that more titles weren't released.

Monteblanco said:
Antabus said:
ShadowSoldier said:

I don't think Xenoblade would work well as a first person shooter. :)

LOL Xenogun&chainsaw

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Antabus said:
ShadowSoldier said:

Oh well tough luck :P

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d