By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Which Xbox 360 Console model did you's buy?

Arcade + used 20gb HDD seems to me to be the best value, and that's exactly what I got. For less than the price of a Premium, you can get a Premium-equivalent system, $45 worth of XBLA games, and a memory unit to take your saved games and gamer profile to friends' places. The only thing that might hurt is the loss of the component cable, but if you use HDMI like me, then it's no big deal.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network

I got the Premium, GOW, Forza 2, PGR3, Some stupid Xbox Arcade demo disk, 2 controllers and a telling off from the wife for £299.00

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

Well I want to get the Elite. Sorry I know I'm a little off topic here but it is interesting reading what other people did.

I want the Elite for the 120Gb drive and I like the black look, but price!!!!

Skin a Premium, get a decent value pack but keep the smaller drive seems the better option. I like some of the bundles available here (UK) but I want a guarantee that its the newer SKUs.

tmbh - Aren't all of the Elites 'newer SKUs'? Also so are all of the Arcades and Halo editions.

I bought the elite for the 120 gig Harddrive then I found out you can not store any of your own video file on the xboxes harddrive you can only stream to it or buy videos on LIVE so now I wish I had bought a premium

Around the Network

Do all the premiums have HDMI now?

I have an older Xbox 360 Pro system. It would be nice to have HDMI output, but 1080i on an LCD still looks fantastic.

I also have the HD-DVD drive and about 20 movies, including the Matrix collection. It's almost like being at the theater, but without rude people talking behind me all the time.

The Premiums as long as you don't get an old box and the Arcades both have HDMI

i have a premium since launch and still working.. bought an elite with forza and marvel..

Have an older Premium with a HD-DVD drive. Now I have about 16 Games and 6 HD-DVD's.