By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If you were Pumped for More Final Fantasy Versus XIII at TGS... Dont be... NOt Gonna be There..

Final Fantasy Versus XIII is starting to look like Duke Nukem Forever and I'm starting to think it'll suffer the same fate: when it will be released, it will be a big disappointment.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Here's the Magazine's cover:

Noctis is back there, waiting for his game to be released, all the others are first in the line :P

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

kurasakiichimaru said:
pezus said:
kurasakiichimaru said:
Considering SE is going to release the same number of FFs like during the PS1-2 era, it's just fine with me. They were mum about FFVersus13, it's just bound to happen that there's going to be no news for versus on TGS.Probably, it's going to be release next year so it won't compete with FFXIII-2. And I don't get some of the PS3 fans here thinks the games should be released on their supported platform? Let's be real here. guys, they aren't in a position to make a risk, Xbox360 added sales for FFXIII that jumped their sales to 6M. Don't be selfish just because the game was promise to be an exclusive. Are you that insecure that PS3 is gonna lose an exclusive? Tbh, I'm not even going to be surprised if DQX is going to PS3 as a late port. There maybe delays but you can't blame it all on SE with all the stuff that happened to Japan. It's just so hypocritical for some of you to desire a multiplatform release and not trade for one of yours. No wonder PS3 fanboys on the internet are among the worst. They are just so afraid to lose.

The problem is that Square Enix has promised it from the beginning of time, so it would look very bad for them if they decided to go against their repeated promises.

Times have changed. PS3 isn't the same juggernaut that was PS2 last gen. They were hit by problems. I fail to see a multiplatform game killing it for many besides a delay to be brought by porting the game.

I'm pretty sure if Xbox360 or Wii loses an exclusive, they'd just shrug it off like dust on their shoulders, While the ps3 players are...

@ first bolded. This is the point right here and you just answered your own  question. Its been in dev. for years. Years. We dont want it delayed anymore. Its that simple. If people want to play it so bad get a PS3 or just wait for a port. Just like PS3 owners had to wait for Bioshock, Mass Effect Limbo, etc. Or buy 360 or PC

2nd bolded. Oh please. This is crap and you know it. Maybe teh 360 guys are not that bad, but most of their games are multi anyway.  But Wii owners?? Really you've never seen them bitch about Dead Space Extraction. Nba Jam, Goldeneye, etc.?? Those are all games they have cried about jumping ship

@Oniyide

Please reference a concept called resource allocation. Games that enter cross platform development rarely if ever see a delay in arrival. The company usually allocates more staff to meet time tables. Where as a exclusive game for a marginal platform is more apt to get decreasing resources. Not only will the team be smaller to be in line with the profits that will be generated, but said team will be more likely to be raided for staff to push out games that are for the cross platform market which will be default sell more units.

You want this game sooner. Then you want Square to rush development. The only way that is going to happen is for this title to go cross platform. Without that this title is going to get marginal support in line with what it might actually be able to generate in sales.

Your argument for delayed ports is also entirely self serving. They aren't in the best interest of a games success in the market place. Delayed ports will in the overwhelming majority of instances sell a fraction of the initial launch. Where as launches that coincide see much greater commercial success. Outsourcing is actually a very dangerous practice. They could do well, but it is equally likely that they could do poorly. Yet it probably will not be them to take the blame. Instead it is the games owner that will take the heat from gamers who will become jaded.

I think your eye for an eye logic is just plain distasteful. Why do you think other platform owners should suffer for their platform, because Sony fucked up its platform. Your suffering is no excuse to wish suffering upon others. It all comes across as being extremely bitter. Some of those delays owed to the other companies offering better compensation, or due to the performance of the PS3. Delayed ports aren't what other gamers deserve your little gripe should rest solely with Sony. Nine times out of ten it was in response to something they did. Not what say a particular developer wanted to do.

Anyway it is a little late in the generation to be caring about this crap. One more game isn't going to tip the scales one way or the other. The die has been cast as it were. So if what was good for my platform of choice is going to conflict with me getting a game sooner. I would opt for getting the game sooner.

@dodece FF13, Tekken 6 are just two examples of games that were delayed due to going multiplat, you wanna give me examples of games that went multi mid development and actually came out FASTER than they would?? im curious

Around the Network
pezus said:
kurasakiichimaru said:
pezus said:
kurasakiichimaru said:
Considering SE is going to release the same number of FFs like during the PS1-2 era, it's just fine with me. They were mum about FFVersus13, it's just bound to happen that there's going to be no news for versus on TGS.Probably, it's going to be release next year so it won't compete with FFXIII-2. And I don't get some of the PS3 fans here thinks the games should be released on their supported platform? Let's be real here. guys, they aren't in a position to make a risk, Xbox360 added sales for FFXIII that jumped their sales to 6M. Don't be selfish just because the game was promise to be an exclusive. Are you that insecure that PS3 is gonna lose an exclusive? Tbh, I'm not even going to be surprised if DQX is going to PS3 as a late port. There maybe delays but you can't blame it all on SE with all the stuff that happened to Japan. It's just so hypocritical for some of you to desire a multiplatform release and not trade for one of yours. No wonder PS3 fanboys on the internet are among the worst. They are just so afraid to lose.

The problem is that Square Enix has promised it from the beginning of time, so it would look very bad for them if they decided to go against their repeated promises.

Times have changed. PS3 isn't the same juggernaut that was PS2 last gen. They were hit by problems. I fail to see a multiplatform game killing it for many besides a delay to be brought by porting the game.

I'm pretty sure if Xbox360 or Wii loses an exclusive, they'd just shrug it off like dust on their shoulders, While the ps3 players are...

Right, it's like if Gears 2/3 had come out for the PS3. 360 players would just shrug it off. I don't know in which dream world you live in but there's no way they'd just "shrug it off"

We did when Mass Effect jumped ship.

pezus said:
This is getting so ridiculous. Next time, don't announce your damn game 7 years in advance.

Stupid isnt it.... was origionally being made for the ps2, but as it was close to ps3 release they started again........how has it taken this long...before long it will be time for ps4 to be announced, can a game be in development for across nearly 3 gens of consoles? MADNESS

I'm sure we'll see this game come out before PS5 is released!

Don't care anymore, SE is dead.

Heard a comment about Versus on XBOX. I don't care if they port it to that console but do it afterwards because when XIII was multi-plat they couldn't make the game any bigger unless XBOX users would need about five discs or something.