By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bethesda Pleased With PS3 Version Of Rage PROMISES That It Runs Fine

There has been some buzz around the Internet concerning the PS3 version of RAGE, with reports that the Blu-ray's latent loading is contributing to an inferior product. We contacted Bethesda to see if there was a real issue at play, but the company remains resolute that all three versions are the same. 

"We also had RAGE running on PS3 in the press room [at QuakeCon] for folks to do their previews," said marketing chief Pete Hines. "We are very pleased with the PS3 version of RAGE. One of the cornerstones of the new idTech5 technology is that all assets are identical across all platforms. The experience that players have will be the same on all three platforms."

That's the official word, folks. It seems that the difference between RAGE on console and PC is going to be a huge talking point regardless of company assertions, so look forward to many, many comparison videos on Youtube once this baby's out of the basket.

http://www.destructoid.com/bethesda-promises-that-rage-runs-fine-on-ps3-208231.phtml

Play Me

Around the Network

I doubt the experience will be the same regardless of platform (PC will have the advantage), but I think t'would be great if PS3 players don't get shortchanged. I've already pre-ordered RAGE for the X360 and it will be a blast.

^Same thought.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Someone's willing to make a bet?
I say RAGE on PS3 will definitely look worse than the version 360.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Silver-Tiger said:

I'll make that bet,just because i'm bored.If it looks better on the PS3 you'll have to change your sig in ''I'm Mordred11's number 1 fan.'' for 2 weeks.

Around the Network
Mordred11 said:
Silver-Tiger said:

I'll make that bet,just because i'm bored.If it looks better on the PS3 you'll have to change your sig in ''I'm Mordred11's number 1 fan.'' for 2 weeks.

got that. If it looks better on Xbox 360, you'll change your sig in "Silver-Tiger's cat bitch".

I want you to dress like this:

Don't mind the boobs, I doubt you can get them this perfect.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Silver-Tiger said:
Mordred11 said:
Silver-Tiger said:

got that. If it looks better on Xbox 360, you'll change your sig in "Silver-Tiger's cat bitch".

deal!

Yeah, we've never heard that before.

I seriously doubt Rage is going to look the same across all 2 platforms. If PC only looks as good as console there will be nerdrage like we've never seen before; among the Carmack worshippers at least.

I think it will be a matter of what visuals you want to emphasise in the PS3 vs 360 debate. They will be different I think, but each will have their strong points vs the other and there will be endless debates about which aspect is more important.

I predict bloom will be a major point in people's arguments about which version is visually superior. Then there will be shadows. Water effects will also be emphasised. In the end it will be a technical victory with no real bragging rights.

Meanwhile Uncharted 3 will be the better looking and performing game... on PS3 of course. Which by definition will mean it will be the best looking game on consoles... until Super Mario Galaxy 3 on Wii U.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Mordred11 said:
Silver-Tiger said:
Mordred11 said:
Silver-Tiger said:

deal!

I feel duty bound to moderate this bet. Under no circumstances is Mordred11 permitted to remove the Game of Thrones content of his sig in order to fulfil the terms of the bet. If he loses the bet then the sig change must be ADDED to the current sig content.

My apologies for inserting myself in this bet, but I could not stand idly by and allow a Game of Thrones sig to be placed under threat.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

They asked Bethesda instead of id? Of course Bethesda says all versions are identical, and if a PC guy were to ask, the PC version would be somewhat better.

That said, I'm sure all versions will be equally enjoyable.