By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Team Meat: “Kinect Is a f***ing joke”

demonfox13 said:
Honestly I cannot say much on the Kinect at this time. I mean the potential is there and I would hope to see something compelling like what was shown in Child of Eden. Wii sports is ok just like Sports Champions. I do believe that the implementation of Move in KZ3 was superb because it was nearly built from the ground up. The accuracy is nice, and the sharpshooter add-on is highly underrated because it is such an immersive experience. Heavy Rain also changes highly because of the move control experience. I definitely see Skyward Sword working well with the Wii mote, especially since it's a Nintendo IP. Outside of fanboyish speculation, I have yet to see a truly compelling Kinect title BUT the potential is there, and as I stated, Child of Eden is one such example, and that add-on device to minimize the space needed is a plus for the device itself. MS just needs a studio that will truly focus on building an IP from the ground up, or even tack it on to a game effectively, and I am pretty sure it can be done.
Personally motion gaming can co-exist with the current and past gaming ecosystem. For example, after playing KZ3, it no longer feels right playing an FPS with a pad (for me). The sports type games are also good for moments of fun with friends and stuff.

People say the potential is there but I have yet to even see a tech demo of kinect doing anything that everything else can't do, it might of worked with child of eden but move will work just as well if not better same with a physical controller so far kinect can't do much other then pose and on rail games

Around the Network

well, everybody agrees , all kinect games are bad

move doesnt have games either, the only good one is the fight lights out , if it wasnt for that game i wouldve regreted buying it

I'm still baffled people actually got excited for that thing, especially after looking at the games. The library just looks like a complete joke outside Dance Central.

I tried to say Kinect sucked 6 months ago, and everyone crucified me :P

It's scary how some marketting hype can manipulate some people...

So much hate in this thread it's hilarious.

I think the "hardcore" gamer feels threatened by the motion controls because they're not getting all the attention but the "casuals" are. They always thought that gaming was some superior hobby that can mostly be understood and mastered by males ranging from 15 to 40 years old.

Nintendo and now MS and Sony decided to give some attention to that other part of the population that are supposedly "incapable" of understanding gaming by removing the regular controller and giving them something that is more convenient for them.

I don't care if games for Kinect or Wii are not "hardcore" all I want is to have fun with my family and friends. Just like when I go see a Disney movie with my nieces doesn't mean it's gonna be bad just because it's not the next LoTR and I have to tell my friends how "shitty" that movie was. Grow up people, why do you care if Kinect games are not "hardcore", you're not the ones MS are targeting.

It's easy for these devs and you haters to point the shoddy games (and intentionally avoid the better games) to say how Kinect "can't" do this or this. Just you try Team Meat or shut the hell up. What's with these devs and their big mouths when it's not possible on that or that console it's shitty or our games are better than this blablabla... wtF?!?

If MS fails to sell Kinect to the population they can put them in cans and sell them at high prices to trolls, they seem to eat this more than anything else... MS may be on something in the end.

Team Meat is garbage and a joke.

Around the Network

The problem is that Kinect has arguably the most potential of the current gen peripherals...I've seen what it can do and damn it's powerful. the problem is that hackers are making better use of it than developers. that has to be embarassing. sure it's got Dance Central and that's pretty good, but that's pretty much it. I only know of one game coming out for the kinect that isn't a complete travesty, and that's the new Steel Battalion.

I'll remain cautiously optimistic about it, but right now my money is wisely spent elsewhere. hell, I even have a PS Move, and I have HEavy Rain, LittlebigPlanet 2, and a few other games that support Move. you know, actually GOOD games that have the OPTION of using Move rather than cheap gimmicky crap. That's where Sony is different from Microsoft and Nintendo, they turned motion control into an option rather than a gimmick, and for that reason I think their peripheral/option is the best.

And yet I still never use it.

anyway, Kinect is garbage, I want to like it and know I will be getting one eventually but certainly not right now.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
The problem is that Kinect has arguably the most potential of the current gen peripherals...I've seen what it can do and damn it's powerful. the problem is that hackers are making better use of it than developers. that has to be embarassing. sure it's got Dance Central and that's pretty good, but that's pretty much it. I only know of one game coming out for the kinect that isn't a complete travesty, and that's the new Steel Battalion.

I'll remain cautiously optimistic about it, but right now my money is wisely spent elsewhere. hell, I even have a PS Move, and I have HEavy Rain, LittlebigPlanet 2, and a few other games that support Move. you know, actually GOOD games that have the OPTION of using Move rather than cheap gimmicky crap. That's where Sony is different from Microsoft and Nintendo, they turned motion control into an option rather than a gimmick, and for that reason I think their peripheral/option is the best.

anyway, Kinect is garbage, I want to like it and know I will be getting one eventually but certainly not right now.

First bold - It's not so complicated, this is how these devs should've voiced themselves to the public.

Second blod - Now this is what you should say in your head.

People need patience. The same happened when the PS3 launched and couldn't render some grass on some bad programmed Spiderman game. Haters kept saying PS2.5 and Sony promised this and that wow teh killzone2 footage blablabla... good things takes time. 

Jazz2K said:
So much hate in this thread it's hilarious.

I think the "hardcore" gamer feels threatened by the motion controls because they're not getting all the attention but the "casuals" are. They always thought that gaming was some superior hobby that can mostly be understood and mastered by males ranging from 15 to 40 years old.

Nintendo and now MS and Sony decided to give some attention to that other part of the population that are supposedly "incapable" of understanding gaming by removing the regular controller and giving them something that is more convenient for them.

I don't care if games for Kinect or Wii are not "hardcore" all I want is to have fun with my family and friends. Just like when I go see a Disney movie with my nieces doesn't mean it's gonna be bad just because it's not the next LoTR and I have to tell my friends how "shitty" that movie was. Grow up people, why do you care if Kinect games are not "hardcore", you're not the ones MS are targeting.

It's easy for these devs and you haters to point the shoddy games (and intentionally avoid the better games) to say how Kinect "can't" do this or this. Just you try Team Meat or shut the hell up. What's with these devs and their big mouths when it's not possible on that or that console it's shitty or our games are better than this blablabla... wtF?!?

If MS fails to sell Kinect to the population they can put them in cans and sell them at high prices to trolls, they seem to eat this more than anything else... MS may be on something in the end.

What better games, most of the kinect games mentioned in this thread are the best ones, I haven't even seen someone mention one of the truely horrible ones

Jazz2K said:
Runa216 said:

First bold - It's not so complicated, this is how these devs should've voiced themselves to the public.

Second blod - Now this is what you should say in your head.

People need patience. The same happened when the PS3 launched and couldn't render some grass on some bad programmed Spiderman game. Haters kept saying PS2.5 and Sony promised this and that wow teh killzone2 footage blablabla... good things takes time. 

PS3 had good tech demo's, Kinect doesn't atleast not running off the 360 or somehing limited to it's specs.

huaxiong90 said:
thranx said:
Zlejedi said:
Mr Khan said:
These guys just seem to like to bitch for the sake of it. Everyone rushed to defend them when they were badmouthing WiiWare, but this seems to make their perspective more clear

They say what a huge part of industry/gamers think but unlike guys working for huge corporations they are not afraid of being politically incorrect.

They sound like immature fanboys. (fanboys of what i do not know)

They could make the same compliants in a more professional way and maybe people will listen. As it is they sound like little cry babies upset they did not get their way.

How can they be fanboys if you can't specify their allegiance?

Thats why i said sound like. It was more of the general tone of what they said sounded like some whiney fanboy.