By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - So, anyone have any plans to create 500,000 American jobs a month over next 5 years?

This article puts in perspective the current job market:

http://townhall.livefreeordiealliance.org/profiles/blogs/the-ugly-truth-about-americas

There is a reason why both political parties have stopped talking about creating new jobs. They know that we need almost 7,000,000 jobs to recover the ones we loss during the recession, plus 5,400,000 additional jobs to cover the 150,000 new people that had hoped to entered the job market every month for the past three years; the ones that don’t count as unemployed because they were in school. We need maybe about 10,000,000 new jobs to cover the people who are under-employed, or have just been beaten down by hundreds of rejections or the 30,000,000 who have been downsized or out-sourced over the last 30 years. 

Whoever our next president is, he or she has to develop a plan to create about 500,000 jobs per month for the next five years just to bring us back to the 2006-2007 levels. Just isn’t going to happen. Furthermore the 500,000 new jobs each month for the next 60 months doesn’t take into consideration the 1,600,000 people that are being laid-off every month. 

Maybe overstated, but anyone want to come up with better numbers?

Around the Network

A president does not create jobs.

Capital and savings create jobs and this country doesn't have much of either going on anymore.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

I actually do, just tax the super rich alot BUT only tax them if their money isn't doing anything, if their money is invested in something that jobs X number of people or more then they don't have to pay, so instead of paying the tax the super rich will just start businesses that employ people and not try to make massive profits just break even and if they don't use the money to make jobs

BrokenBones646 said:

I actually do, just tax the super rich alot BUT only tax them if their money isn't doing anything, if their money is invested in something that jobs X number of people or more then they don't have to pay, so instead of paying the tax the super rich will just start businesses that employ people and not try to make massive profits just break even and if they don't use the money to make jobs

And how exactly do you monitor the investment factor of someone's money?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
BrokenBones646 said:

And how exactly do you monitor the investment factor of someone's money?

You don't moniter, they give proof it goes to giving people jobs or they pay the tax

Around the Network

- Research and Development incentives

More jobs come out of more, I guess industry or higher demand for more things, but apparently when companies are successful and profit quite a bit they tend to greedily lay off a vast amount of their employees.

So really it's nearly impossible to recover, and honestly I can't think of a way to rapidly produce more jobs, but for starters how about enough corruption, no more useless layoffs and simply no more corruption and corporate greed!

-For the resistance!

1/ Research and development of the new sources of clean energy,
2/ Public investments, schools, libraries, parks, new highways.
3/ Wildlife protection.

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

just 500,000 over 5yrs? why not 5m!

I could solve the problem with two words, "less government." By that I am not referring to the republican's use of "less government" which for them are just political buzz words they like to slide into campaign adds and speeches just to get elected, but real pull backs of all facets of it. Not just entitlements, but military (especially military), education, public sector services of all kinds, and everything else gov based that you can think of.

Job creation requires business expansion and investment, and that is the last thing any sensible business would want to do right now. Fear is ubiquitous in today's climate, and that is precisely why companies are holding on to cash, laying off employees (health care reform is making this a very good idea now), and not even considering expansion. They all want to hold on to what they have because of a justified fear of the future economic situation of this country which will only get worse so long as the beurocrats in D.C. continue to gain control over more and more of an economy that they are both incompetent to run (I doubt most of these people ever had so much as a part time job before they were whisked away to Yale or wherever) and have no business "running" in the first place.

I think this Obama supporter with way more credentials than me says it best though: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0711/59333.html

And for anyone that thinks public sector jobs are the answer to all of this ... Greece says "hi."