By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Do you approve your president/prime minister?

Do you approve your president/prime minister?

Yes 36 23.08%

No 103 66.03%

Not sure 14 8.97%

Total:153

Hello dear Laurel Aitken Hey mate, I, like you, I am also Mexican and no one we like the violence that exists today in Mexico, and the manner in which it is fighting this cancer. however, and despite everything, I approve and support our current president, for their worth and their firm decision to have a country free of drug traffic, drugs, organized crime and addiction, it is obviously impossible to eradicate all groups crime, and that is not only the case of Mexico, "the medicine is bitter, but the patient needs it," the saying goes, and I think it was fair and necessary to do something about it, do not forget that this problem did not arise by Calderón, but has been dragging on since the 60 `s, 70` s, and grew to the point to infiltrate all sectors of government and even the U.S. border, who have not moved a little to help this problem, the fact that America is a nation of addicts and a large market for drug dealers, well, that's just my humble opinion. Greetings!

Around the Network

Im from denmark, and i'm not happy by his politics.. He is too soft, we have many muslims comming in our country..
Legal & illegal..
The rape/violence/robberies statistics is just sky-rocketing but the politicians are just not listening to the reaction form the citizens ..
U in America won't understand our problems (yet) but at least your foreigners are mostly christians, and have some respect for the law unlike those from the middle east..

I'm not a fan, but I don't disapprove her. I think that a president will do a better job here in Brazil when we get a serious congress and the accounting court ministers are not indicated by the government (and obviously a lot of other crap, but these are the most important right now IMO). but when a social democrat party fights with another leftist party and is also labelled as "right", you know it will take some time until that happens.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Stephen Harper is far from an "ideal" leader, but he is running the government in a competent way which is far more than can be said about most leaders around the world

I do approve her, specially because of what her government represents these days for many argentinians. My ideal president would be pretty different though.

Around the Network

Correa is a terrible president, but is at least better than the last 4 or so ones

well as far as the economy is concerned

our prime minister is great,he brought an economic revolution in our country by liberation and globalization

but that is just in the economic sense,liberation and globalisation also sold out the culture

now i didn't really care for the culture in india as its a multicultural soceity as its a very divided country which fights itself inside

All political leaders have some corruption going on, the real question is if you approve of the corruption?

Philosophically I am not in line with my current Prime Minister. So I am intrinsically bound to disapprove. However I am heartily sick of how people operate politically, regardless of party / ideology / philosophy. So with current democratic systems I'd have a hard time approving over all any Prime Minister. It would just be different degrees of disapproval.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I live in Canada so its Stephen Harper. I guess I approve of him, but really I voted for him because he was the best option, not because I actually like him.

He's much better than the NDP/Jack Layton. We saw what the NDP did in Ontario under Bob Rae, we don't need that happening again to the entire country.