By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MS/Sony published game sales comparison (since release of ps3)

Seece said:
Black_Scurge said:
Seece said:
Black_Scurge said:
VXIII said:

What they are saying is right , it's fair to count all the sales of Microsoft published games for after the PS3 was released , even if the game itself was launched before the PS3 , you can use VGchartz data , it's time consuming I know , if you don't want to do it just say it for everyone and they will understand .... I hope :p

That's the thing it isn't fair, look at it this way right now MS and Sony both have exactly 4 years 9 months and 14 days worth of games, if I include games released before ps3 that gives MS 5 years 9 months and 9 days worth of games, and Sony 4 years 9 months and 14 days, how is that fair?

What arnt you getting 0_o, it's not giving MS any extra time at all. You're NOT including that extra years worth of sales, only the sales AFTER the PS3 launched, so they both get 4 years 9 months worth of sales.

My mind is made up, you're definitely doing this so PS3 wins.

No however you look at it I'd be including an extra years worth of games

It doesn't matter, you're not including its sales for that year so the fact they came out a year earlier is irrelevent. Not to mention (again) Gears of War and Viva Pinata came out 1 week before PS3 launched, so what's the difference between those and PS3 launch games? 1 Week. Ridiculous.

If you're not gonna do a fair comparison don't do one at all, these kinda threads get locked for that reason.

Yes it does matter, it gives MS more games then they published in the same timeframe as Sony how does adding extra games not matter? Right now they both have the EXACT same restrictions, published by the respective company after the exact same date on their respective current gen consoles, if I add sales from games publsihed by one company before the date and not the other it makes things unfair, the only thing more fair then what I'm doing would be to chop off all sales of all MS published 360 games in the last year minus 5 days and compare it to what I have for Sony on ps3 now

Around the Network
Seece said:
Black_Scurge said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Black_Scurge said:
Seece said:

What arnt you getting 0_o, it's not giving MS any extra time at all. You're NOT including that extra years worth of sales, only the sales AFTER the PS3 launched, so they both get 4 years 9 months worth of sales.

The PS3 launched two days before the Wii does that mean that every PS3 launch game would be excluded if you were to do the same analysis for PS3 vs Wii?

Like I already stated in hindsight I would of included Gears since it's date is so close, so of course not, but counting a full year extra of games is riddcules 

Just to clairify, exactly what is the target of this thread. to find out who has sold the most 1st party SW since the PS3 released?

No it's to compare the sales of Sony/MS published games in the exact same perameters 

Black_Scurge said:
thranx said:
Black_Scurge said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Black_Scurge said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Black_Scurge said:

So the final score is MS at 72.4 and Sony at 78.71, all of Sony's lesser selling titles eventually overcame MSes stronger selling ones, and I didn't count games released before ps3s release because I felt that the games needed to be over the same time frame in order for the comparison to be accurate 

Then to be really accurate, you should have counted the sales of those games from November 2006 to today.

How would that be accurate it would be counting an extra year worth of games for MS and ignoring Sony's games that year

You said you wanted the sales of games over the same time frame. 360 games released before the PS3's launch did sell extra copies once the PS3 was out.

Actually I said sales of games RELEASED in the same time frame, if we included sales of games that relased before ps3 thats still giving MS an extra year of games advantage over Sony even if we ignore their first year sales, why are you all trying to say I should included an extra year for MS, this is a fair head to head comparison 

because its not fair. Once you have to place restricitons on one side it fails to be fair and becomes a list of what you want.

All of the restrictions apply to both sides thus it's fair

Games released the first year of the 360 still compete for sales for the rest of their life span. So even though a game released beofre the ps3 it may have been bought after the ps3, thus competing with the sales of other 360 games you included. So You should at the very least include the sales of games released before the ps3 but sold after the release of the ps3. If not this thread will be seen as what it is, cherry picking data to make the ps3 look better and make yourself feel better. Istead of an actual comparison of data. Take your pick.

Black_Scurge said:
Seece said:
Black_Scurge said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Black_Scurge said:
Seece said:

The PS3 launched two days before the Wii does that mean that every PS3 launch game would be excluded if you were to do the same analysis for PS3 vs Wii?

Like I already stated in hindsight I would of included Gears since it's date is so close, so of course not, but counting a full year extra of games is riddcules 

Just to clairify, exactly what is the target of this thread. to find out who has sold the most 1st party SW since the PS3 released?

No it's to compare the sales of Sony/MS published games in the exact same perameters 

That is just no possible. They came out at different times there is no way to compensate for that, and what you are doing isn't even that as your not including the sales of ms published games that sold during the life of the ps3. Its really starting to look like your just making a cherry picking data thread that serves of no use ofr any comparison.

Black_Scurge said:
Seece said:
Black_Scurge said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Black_Scurge said:
Seece said:

It's not the exact same parameters though. You're excluding software sold during the same period. Thus not the same. Fact.

Around the Network
thranx said:
Black_Scurge said:
Seece said:
Black_Scurge said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Black_Scurge said:
Seece said:

That is just no possible. They came out at different times there is no way to compensate for that, and what you are doing isn't even that as your not including the sales of ms published games that sold during the life of the ps3. Its really starting to look like your just making a cherry picking data thread that serves of no use ofr any comparison.

No offense but you just sound mad that MS lost, all the games included were published by MS/Sony in the same time frame on 360/ps3, I know almost nothing is prefectly 1 to 1 but that's what margins of errors are for 

Black_Scurge said:
thranx said:
Black_Scurge said:
Seece said:
Black_Scurge said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Black_Scurge said:
Seece said:

No offense but you just sound mad that MS lost, all the games included were published by MS/Sony in the same time frame on 360/ps3, I know almost nothing is prefectly 1 to 1 but that's what margins of errors are for 

i'm not the one who made a thread with cherry picked data to prove an incorrect point. Your the one who said exact paramaters not me. Just trying to play by yuor rules here that is all.

Seece said:
Black_Scurge said:
Seece said:
Black_Scurge said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Black_Scurge said:
Seece said:

It's not the exact same parameters though. You're excluding software sold during the same period. Thus not the same. Fact.

On both sides, no game published by Sony is included despite them selling games during the same period  

Black_Scurge said:
Seece said:
Black_Scurge said:
Seece said:
Black_Scurge said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Black_Scurge said:
Seece said:

On both sides, no game published by Sony is included despite them selling games during the same period  

what do you mean? that sentance doesn't really make sense.

Black_Scurge said:
Seece said:
Black_Scurge said:

This thread is PS3 vs 360 (as I see no PSP, PS2 in the OP) so there is no PS3 to exclude. You're including MGS4 sales in 2011, but not Gears of War or Viva Pinata in 2011. Thus you're excluding SW in the same timeframe and it isn't the sama parameter.

The other guy got this right, you're cherrypicking.