By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Brag about your notable high scores here!

Let's face it, part of our characteristics as gamers is the pride we hold in our TeH HardCorez skill of dominating certain games and getting massive scores or accomplishing major feats that few can match. I don't know about you, but I love arcade style games, particularly ones with online leaderboards for this very reason. I was pretty much sold on Sin and Punishment 2 for the online leaderboards alone.

So let's here it, what are some games where you reign surpreme with a score that is among the elite?

I am feeling pretty good right now, as I FINALLY bested my old Geometry 2 Deadlines score on XBLA which I couldn't do for years, landing 63,000,000 and ranking me somewhere around 260 worldwide (I forget the exact rank and unforunately the leaderboards that can be accessed via the web are down). I was ranked 67 for awhile with my old score, but as tends to happen, more people discovered this great game and the leaderboards began to crowd up more and more, knocking me down more than I would have liked in the rankings. So it was gratifying to sort of reestablish my dominance a little bit, even though I doubt I'll ever get near #67 again..

Around the Network

WTF?! How the hell do you get such a disgustingly highscore in geometry wars? Highest I can obtain is 970k for that mode.

yo_john117 said:
WTF?! How the hell do you get such a disgustingly highscore in geometry wars? Highest I can obtain is 970k for that mode.

Lots of Red Bull + lots and lots of hours of practice

It's all about destroying the pieces as quickly as possible and gathering huge clusters of them up to destroy with the gates and black holes.

I've gotten all 9's on Super Mario Bros. 1 and 3 before but those games aren't about getting high scores so it's an empty victory.

Formerly known as LuStaysTru but that was back when I still knew my password.

Mario Kart Wii:
3 star ranking,
9999 VR points,
beat all fast staff TT ghost
all with the Wii Wheel

Around the Network

I've gotten around 3,200 in the helicopter game http://www.helicoptergame.net/

I also had over a 3.00 k/d ratio in MW2 a couple months into the game's release (back when I cared about stats). Then I started dicking around and just playing for fun instead of stats. 

And in NHL 3 on 3 Arcade my friend and I had a 31 win streak, and we're 42-1 in our last 43 games. Our overall W/L ratio is only about a 2.5:1 or so but we only really started going try hard a couple months ago. If we could have reset our stats before we started trying hard we'd easily be over 100 wins and only about 10 losses.

Those are what I can think of off the top of my head.