By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bought a 360? Keep your receipt!

Sky Render said:
At least Nintendo's always been very big on their repair policies. I've never seen a piece of Nintendo hardware, in fact, that doesn't have a notice about how to contact their repair centers if something goes FUBAR on you. Usually the notice is right on the system itself nowadays, in fact...

As for Nintendo's recycling of characters, I'd much rather play 20 different games with the same characters than 20 of what amounts to the same game with different characters.

O i know how great the nintendo service is ive had to get help with a few things before and it was great. Being a wii owner i feel like nintendo is just using the same things over and over galaxy feels to much like mario 64, not so much different

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network

I knew about this even before I went online with my 360. Doesn't really seem like a problem to me, then again I don't really have much DLC on my 360.

Isn't it kind of similar to the Wii and Virtual Console, that they are tied to one console. If your system breaks you're more than likely unable to ever play your VC games again as they are tied to the one console. Sometimes they might transfer them to a replacement console. At least, that's what I've read online. I just hope my Wii doesn't break.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

I want a 360, but shit like this makes me wonder if i should buy it or just be extremely happy with my PS3...

The fail rate on Nintendo products tends to be a lot lower than their competition, so I wouldn't worry too much. Heck, my NES, original Game Boy, and GBC all still work perfectly, years after purchase. And as mentioned, their repair policies are top-notch. They will transfer your system ID to a new system if your own breaks down and cannot be repaired.  Just don't go buying a new system if it breaks down; send in your existing one instead.  I'm certain they don't have a policy of charging excessive amounts to repair or replace the system (unlike MS; my younger brother told me he had to pay $100 to get his 360 fixed, since his console had a different issue than the common "red ring of death").

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

^^^

$100? thats highway robbery

Around the Network
Sky Render said:
The fail rate on Nintendo products tends to be a lot lower than their competition, so I wouldn't worry too much. Heck, my NES, original Game Boy, and GBC all still work perfectly, years after purchase. And as mentioned, their repair policies are top-notch. They will transfer your system ID to a new system if your own breaks down and cannot be repaired. Just don't go buying a new system if it breaks down; send in your existing one instead. I'm certain they don't have a policy of charging excessive amounts to repair or replace the system (unlike MS; my younger brother told me he had to pay $100 to get his 360 fixed, since his console had a different issue than the common "red ring of death").

Your NES still works fine? Damn, I've had 2 of them and they're both messed up. If I blow in the system/cartridge for like 10min, then it MAY start up. The NES was terrible in its quality. The SNES was soooo much better. I've never had a problem with that. Original GB still works too :)

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

I have two things going for me: one, my NES didn't get much use before I got it secondhand (the previous owner was one of those casual sorts who only got the system because it was popular), and two, I knew by the time I got it that you shouldn't blow on the carts or in the system, as that damages one or both. It's still as tricky as any other NES to get carts to work, but no moreso than it was when it was first purchased.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

smbu2000 said:
Sky Render said:
The fail rate on Nintendo products tends to be a lot lower than their competition, so I wouldn't worry too much. Heck, my NES, original Game Boy, and GBC all still work perfectly, years after purchase. And as mentioned, their repair policies are top-notch. They will transfer your system ID to a new system if your own breaks down and cannot be repaired. Just don't go buying a new system if it breaks down; send in your existing one instead. I'm certain they don't have a policy of charging excessive amounts to repair or replace the system (unlike MS; my younger brother told me he had to pay $100 to get his 360 fixed, since his console had a different issue than the common "red ring of death").

Your NES still works fine? Damn, I've had 2 of them and they're both messed up. If I blow in the system/cartridge for like 10min, then it MAY start up. The NES was terrible in its quality. The SNES was soooo much better. I've never had a problem with that. Original GB still works too :)

Actually, the fact the NES still works (and even mine still works pretty well-- though I do occasionally have to blow in the cartridge) is a testament to how well it was built.

One of the many reasons cartridge systems suck is because they easily break or wear down and the fact so many NES's still work just shows that they were actually pretty well built. 

U can fix a NES for about 10 dollars... If u dont know this, then u are a idiot!!!

As for Wii content, Nintendo will happily transfer your content to another system if you need repair/replacement, any one who says otherwise either doesnt own one/or trying to bash N for something they know nothing about!

I own 2 Wii Systems (one for family, one for myself) also own 3 DS systems! among all of the previous consoles theyve released (YES even VB)

if you try to even compair any systems, Nintendo has the best CS EVAR!
1-800-255-3700

thats all U need to remember, Ive been with them since Punch-out!! (before Nintendo-Power) and I get AAA service from them anytime I call, I have even had convos go on for 30 minutes longer talking about games