By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bought a 360? Keep your receipt!

ferret1603 said:

http://deeko.com/readfeature.asp?id=111

Since it was released in late 2005, I've managed to work my way through four Xbox 360 consoles. I'm hardly negligent with them; they simply met with fates that were out of my control. The first unit, for example, had to be sent back to Microsoft in December of 2003 due to a problem with the GPU and artifact issues. This Xbox lasted me quite some time and I ended up selling it to a friend so that I could purchase and Elite. I transferred all of my data from my old hard drive to the new 120gig drive and went on my merry way (though this time I purchased the product replacement plan through Gamestop, you know, just in case a problem were to occur). Less than a month after I made my glorious purchase, the unit decided it didn't want to function anymore. Every attempt I made to turn the unit on was met with an eerie silence that indicated, to me, that the unit was, in fact, a corpse. Fortunately for me, I had that product replacement plan and within a day I had my third Xbox 360 unit sitting bright and shiny on my entertainment center for me to play with. Again, I bought the PRP from Gamestop, but I was sure that this time nothing would happen, that somehow this unit had been blessed by the quality assurance fairies and it would never break.

That's where I stopped reading.

Around the Network

They started breaking even before it was released lol

I do feel for ya though. $1000 is alot of money to waste

I want wii fit and I want it now

All your problem comes from the fact that you don't understand what DRM is.
DRM is not, as you put it, "a way for Microsoft to insure that the different transactions you make through Xbox Live marketplace remain your property".
No, not at all.
DRM is rather "a way for Microsoft to insure that the different transactions you make through Xbox Live marketplace remain their property".
I guess most people still don't understand what DRM is.
It's basically something you pay for, whose purpose is to screw you, the consumer that paid for it.

still on my first 360, had since launch

december 2003 LOL

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

this is why i would never buy any xbox console there are not build to last.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Around the Network
Sherlock99 said:

I'm holding off on buying a 360 too until late 2008. Of course, during that time, I might spring for a PS3 instead. 

Sherlock99 said:

And the nintendo uses the exact same characters over and over, each console has problems

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

But they use each of those characters very well each and everytime.

At least Nintendo's always been very big on their repair policies. I've never seen a piece of Nintendo hardware, in fact, that doesn't have a notice about how to contact their repair centers if something goes FUBAR on you. Usually the notice is right on the system itself nowadays, in fact...

As for Nintendo's recycling of characters, I'd much rather play 20 different games with the same characters than 20 of what amounts to the same game with different characters.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

ookaze said:
All your problem comes from the fact that you don't understand what DRM is.
DRM is not, as you put it, "a way for Microsoft to insure that the different transactions you make through Xbox Live marketplace remain your property".
No, not at all.
DRM is rather "a way for Microsoft to insure that the different transactions you make through Xbox Live marketplace remain their property".
I guess most people still don't understand what DRM is.
It's basically something you pay for, whose purpose is to screw you, the consumer that paid for it.

Yes, in the good old days before the DMCA, you actually owned something you bought.  You could take it apart, modify it, and use it for whatever you wanted to, after all, it was yours.  Now you are just buying a license to use it and can only use it the was the producer sees fit.  I still can't believe this is legal, but we all know who own the politicians and make the laws.  At least in the good old US of A.

It would be like buying a house and being told you couldn't paint it or add furniture.