By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Netflix streaming comes to the Nintendo 3DS tomorrow

oniyide said:
Mad55 said:
well im watching kick ass on it right now. it runs good but the movie doesn't cover the entire screen.

damn, i wish it did, the screen isnt that big to begin with

Yea its still a good view but it should cover the entire screen.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
Mad55 said:
well im watching kick ass on it right now. it runs good but the movie doesn't cover the entire screen.

damn, i wish it did, the screen isnt that big to begin with

Maybe Mad55 watched something that wasn't full screen to begin with.  I just watched Batman: Under the Red Hood and it was full screen.  If it's letterbox format on a real TV, it's letterbox on the 3DS.  Same goes for shows originally made for standard format programes.  If they weren't made for the 3DS's wide screen format, they aren't going to fit the screen (watching The Rock: The Most Electrifying Man.... right now).

Yeah, the full screen or not seems to depend on the title you are watching. X-men cartoon, not full screen - WWII Documentary - full screen.

Anyone else love the 3D effect when scrolling through a movies scenes?
I'm also quite happy that I can close the 3DS and walk away, come back, and It's still streaming, I don't have to pause or reload it if I have to set it down. Pretty Cool.

I'm happy about this, and it will probably become my go-to method of netflix aside from the Wii, especially, as stated above, to watch a quick episode of something in bed or at work on lunch! Awesome!

LISTEN TO THE FIRST WORLD PODCAST REAL GAMERS, REAL AWESOME

I'll care more when they have a lot of 3D contents. Since I have a 3DTV, a PS3, my PC, and 3DS which are all capable to 3D playback.

I just started watching something, closed the 3DS, took it with me to the grocery store, spot passed someone, came home, opened up the 3DS and my movie began playback immediately, no reloading, I'm sold.

(BTW - the miniseries WW2: HD is kinda awesome, if you are into history and stuff)

LISTEN TO THE FIRST WORLD PODCAST REAL GAMERS, REAL AWESOME

Around the Network

anyone want to tell me how it is on the go?? I wouldnt be using the Netflix feature in my home, but what if im on a train and im moving from one area of the city to the next, how well does the streaming work then??? I just want an honest answer, because the big sites havent really touched upon this.

oniyide said:
anyone want to tell me how it is on the go?? I wouldnt be using the Netflix feature in my home, but what if im on a train and im moving from one area of the city to the next, how well does the streaming work then??? I just want an honest answer, because the big sites havent really touched upon this.

I don't think it will work at all on the go.  The 3DS doesn't connect instantly to Wi-Fi hotspots for one thing.  You have to manually connect it. 

d21lewis said:
oniyide said:

I don't think it will work at all on the go.  The 3DS doesn't connect instantly to Wi-Fi hotspots for one thing.  You have to manually connect it. 

Damn, thats what i was afraid of, oh well, still a nice little feature to have, doesnt hurt anything. Lets see how Sony and its 300 dollar 3G Vita does with Netflix

^^Yeah. Think of the 3DS like a laptop when it comes to Netflix and you get the idea. I'll be getting the Wi-Fi vita bu8'm curious as well.....