By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Alien Front: Online?

Tagged games:

well i never played the dreamcast and i just looked at some gameplay of this and it doesnt look to great. Also if you get online with that game you get a cookie.

Around the Network

Game was really fun for the time. Rockin music, sweet gameplay and online beofre there was online for consoles. IGN review - http://dreamcast.ign.com/articles/164/164850p1.html

Not sure how it fares today to be honest. Also, I dont think online is available for this game still. I know some DC games are playable online but this isnt it.

disolitude said:
Game was really fun for the time. Rockin music, sweet gameplay and online beofre there was online for consoles. IGN review - http://dreamcast.ign.com/articles/164/164850p1.html

Not sure how it fares today to be honest. Also, I dont think online is available for this game still. I know some DC games are playable online but this isnt it.

Yeah I wish Dreamacst online games could be played via free online gaming services like Xlink-Kai. That would be totally amazing. Imagine, Phantasy Star Online all over again with a Dreamcast white joypad! :)

/../

dreamcast had online?

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
dreamcast had online?

Of course. You can connect your Dreamcast to the intenet via a 33k/56k Modem a Lan Adapter or a BB Adapter.

Here is a list of the Dreamcast games that could be played online:

--Dreamcast Online Games List--

Action:
Alien Front Online
Ooga Booga
Worms World Party

Hack & Slash RPG:

Phantasy Star Online ver1
Phantasy Star Online ver2

Racing:
Daytona USA    
F355 Challenge
POD Speed Zone
Speed Devils Online

Sports:
NBA 2K1    
NBA 2K2    
NCAA College Football 2K2
NFL 2K1   
NFL 2K2
World Series Baseball 2K2

Puzzle:

Bomberman Online    
Chu Chu Rocket
Maximum Pool
Next Tetris: Online Edition

FPS:
Outtrigger
Unreal Tournament

Sega Dreamcast was an amazing console.

/../

Around the Network
Weigruf said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
dreamcast had online?

Of course. You can connect your Dreamcast to the intenet via a 33k/56k Modem a Lan Adapter or a BB Adapter.

Here is a list of the Dreamcast games that could be played online:

--Dreamcast Online Games List--

Action:
Alien Front Online
Ooga Booga
Worms World Party

Hack & Slash RPG:

Phantasy Star Online ver1
Phantasy Star Online ver2

Racing:
Daytona USA    
F355 Challenge
POD Speed Zone
Speed Devils Online

Sports:
NBA 2K1    
NBA 2K2    
NCAA College Football 2K2
NFL 2K1   
NFL 2K2
World Series Baseball 2K2

Puzzle:

Bomberman Online    
Chu Chu Rocket
Maximum Pool
Next Tetris: Online Edition

FPS:
Outtrigger
Unreal Tournament

Sega Dreamcast was an amazing console.

the seventh gen is my most active gen since the NES lol!

i never really paid any attention to dreamcast because i only new one person that had one. he had all the 6th gen consoles. i had 3 of the 4, and never went online with any of them.

Weigruf said:
disolitude said:

Yeah I wish Dreamacst online games could be played via free online gaming services like Xlink-Kai. That would be totally amazing. Imagine, Phantasy Star Online all over again with a Dreamcast white joypad! :)

Would be great. I doubt we'll see PSO remade with online as its a little but more complex than your average game with online and sega seems inept to re-produce their back cataloge properly.

However there are so many dreamcast games which should be ported to xbox live or PSN with online play as they fit the type or genre DLC games currently offer. Games like Cannon Spike, Cosmic Smash, Gigawing 2, Mars Matrix, Aline Front, Chu Chu Rocket, CArzy taxi...dozens more...all offer that instant arcade like gratification which would be kickass if offered on xbox live for 10-15 bucks and online play.

Yes, it would be great to see Dreamcast Arcade games online, like an online-ready Dreamcast version of Capcom VS SNK 2. A PSO remake could also rock on Nintendo 3DS or PSP Vita. Those Phantasy Portable games weren't comparable to the quality of the original. Too much text and cutscenes than action. PSO was pure fun, in a few seconds you could join or create a game room and join the fun.

/../

spurgeonryan said:
Maybe if they really are still playable online someone on this site should get together a league or something.

I'm game for that anyday! :D Send me a message if that ever happens and I will "unearth" my old Dreamcasts.

/../