By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: UT3 360 around 90% complete, will be released around April 2008.

This rumor is based on a German magazine's preview of the game in which they report that the game is around 90% complete and due out around April 2008.

Here's a link to Maxconsole which has a scan of the magazine preview:

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=23922

Around the Network

If it was 90% complete, why would it take 4 months? Not long ago they said that they hadn't even begun development on it yet, so I'm calling shenanigans.

MrPickles said:
If it was 90% complete, why would it take 4 months? Not long ago they said that they hadn't even begun development on it yet, so I'm calling shenanigans.

Probably has to do with the timed exclusivity contract with Sony...  I did see a preview in November where it looked like the 360 version was just as far as the PS3 version.

Also, it could have to do with the user mod stuff.  I think Microsoft will have to put the user mods in as part of the spring update.

The game was reported to be very far along earlier this year (an Australian website even reported playing it on linked 360s). In my opinion the 360 version was put on hold after Sony made a deal with Epic to improve the performance of the PS3 version of Unreal Engine 3.

Look at it this way, the 360's version of UE3 never had the problems the PS3's did so developers working on that version of the game wouldn't have had the same delays waiting for UE3 to be optimized. Add to that the fact that PC and 360 game development is very similar.

@legend

I agree.

mM
Around the Network

Yea when I saw this I was thinking about the PC port thing. UT3 on the PS3 would have sold more if COD4 wasn't so damn good.

Seems logical to me.

Quality for Life

@ Legend: good point, good point. Now, how many maps do you think there will be in the 360 version, due to using DVD?

Can't wait to see this game do the Trifecta and flop on the 360 too so Epic learns from their shitty handling of this game. I will be doing my part and not getting this.

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

The big question: what will they change/improve so UT3 doesn't bomb on the 360 like it did on the PC and PS3? If they don't deal with the numerous complaints, it will just bomb again.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick