By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What Happens When We Die...

Go back to where you were before you were born. Do you remember that? Probably not...

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network

You will be in a dreamless, eternal sleep.

I would be extremely grateful if someone could provide a link to a scientific article debating the idea that time resets itself when our consciousnesses lose hold of it.

wfz said:
I would be extremely grateful if someone could provide a link to a scientific article debating the idea that time resets itself when our consciousnesses lose hold of it.

Here you go... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-lanza/what-happens-when-you-die_b_596600.html

Guess, you have to die to find out. No one will ever answer this, so it's kind of a useless, but still fascinating question.

There are endless theories, and it will depend on which one you choose to believe on how hard death of others will affect you. Your own death will affect you in inexplicable ways. You will perhaps cease to exist, you will perhaps abandon your body and trascend all matter or perhaps simply reborn on another body. Possibilities are endless, but what we know is that there's no coming back from there, once you are gone, you're gone forever.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

When we die that is the end of our chapter on earth and nothing more.

First you become a ghost, then you have to learn how to touch and move stuff, then you go possess a female psychic so you can get some lesbian action with your still living wife.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Death is when someone dies.

Very confusing, death personally puzzles me too many questions like what is the afterlife? Is there an afterlife? And is Morgan Freeman God? RAGE!!! O well.

Anyone who's breaking the law is obvious a criminal.

hopefully soon, we will have the ability to store peoples hole minds on computers, so people will no longer die, merely, go onto a hard drive, where they can live in whatever simulation they desire

I try to imagine myself that while the body rots away, the soul is cleaned including your memories and feelings and is given to another life that is born.
Note that I don't believe in any religion at all, in fact I think we're all better off without them, but that's the only part where I get spiritual. It takes a little bit away from the fear that we simply cease to exist.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.