By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Unified Online Service for the Wii-U

No Unified Online Service for the Wii-U?

No big deal; unified onli... 27 23.68%

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM 69 60.53%

Catfood are good.. 17 14.91%

Total:113
Pyro as Bill said:
Mad55 said:
Pyro as Bill said:
Mad55 said:
Pyro as Bill said:
Mad55 said:
wait no achievement system?

Sure. You get Nintendo Stars for all the games you buy. If you collect them all you're considered the hadcorest of the hardcore. It'll be like Pokemon. 

your shitting me right?

Look, real life trophies!

noooooooooooooozzzz!!!!!!!!

Nintendo are taking a Little Big Planet approach to achievements. Using the revolutionary stylus and touchscreen on the WiiU controller, you can turn the WiiU into a notepad and pen and just write out your own achievements. Then you can upload them for others to download and share them with all your friends.

hahaha.....I may smack iwata if thers no achievements.  your idea is funny as well lol.

Around the Network

do we need achievements that much??? its nice to see what ur friends r playing, but its not a deal breaker if Wii U does not have one

oniyide said:
do we need achievements that much??? its nice to see what ur friends r playing, but its not a deal breaker if Wii U does not have one

I mean ill get it regardless but having achievements for mario would be real cool lol. They just seem like something that are apart of console games now.

If Reggie fall through with what he's saying in that interview, that will be a good step in the right direction.

I really hope they do not implement an achievemnet/trophy system. I just do not care for them, they all seem to be too similar. I think the only ones I ever liked were in burnout revenge, but those where specific for that game. It was on xbox I think nnot the 360. But I really just do not care for achievements

Around the Network

I think we should all wait before we jump to conclusions and jump. I have the suspicion this isn't quite what it seems.

I don't think that quote means anything close to that interpretation (Nintendo leaving everything to third parties would probably mean no online play in their own games like Mario Kart/SSB, when they had online play on the Wii), but we shall see.

VGChartz

the chances of me buying this went from 10% to 5%.

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

MrT-Tar said:
I think we should all wait before we jump to conclusions and jump. I have the suspicion this isn't quite what it seems.

It's something they need to clarify fast... this is how rumour start and then the bad publicity snowball. Even if they do right in the end, some people would still accuse Nintendo of only 'backing down' after pressure from the public. A strong swift response now would be the best.

RolStoppable said:
The Wii U has much bigger problems than this, so no big deal.

whats your problem with the wii u?