Locked 20 34.48%

Total:57
CGI-Quality said:
kickazz113 said:
Reasonable said:
dsage01 said:
pezus said:
GoW3 79 votes ahead...wow!

80 now. But it's not that bad. God of War 3 has aout 59% of the sales. I thought it would die after what it did to Uncharted 2.

I told you already earlier in the thread - it's not about the size of the retail sales but the dedicated fanbase.  A game with 20 million sales and only 10 people willing to bother voting for it would lose out to a game with 20 sales and 20 people willing to bother voting for it.

Votes like yours are tests of active fanbase - which is fine - nothing else.  As I noted earlier it was obvious early on that MGS4 and GoW3 would end up in the finals.  TBH if you hadn't sneakily manouvered Uncharted 2 up against GoW3 and given Reach a second life to try and avoid the obvious result Uncharted 2 would undoubtably been in third as it clearly has probably the third most active support base behind GoW3 and MGS4.

Funny to see how civilized the whole thing seems between the finalists.  Now if you'd managed to get Reach into the final vs a Sony exclusive no doubt sparks would be flying!

so you saying if gear of war sold more than god of war but god of war has better fanbase and more ppl like it?????

That's not at all what he's saying. His point is even with a larger fanbase, a game with a lower, but more dedicated fanbase will outvote the former. This is why God of War is winning out over Metal Gear Solid. We know it can't be because of the acclaimed "site preference" as both games are PlayStation 3 exclusives, so that just leaves the fanbase. On VG Chartz, God of War's is stronger.

so that mean god of war has more active fanbase than metal gear solid 4???

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
A_C_E said:

Am I sensing a pun when I read, and I quote "RAAGE!!!!"...? 

something like this . "RAAGE"

See these types of bosses are just too silly for me, but MGS4 is still a game that is better then GoW

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

What wait this is weird. I've gotten 1000 + votes and I still never got my trophy! Anyways this thread has come to an end. God of War has won and is now THE EXCULSIVE OF THE GEN on VGC. I'll take the poll down soon

CGI-Quality said:
kickazz113 said:
CGI-Quality said:
kickazz113 said:
Reasonable said:
dsage01 said:
pezus said:

80 now. But it's not that bad. God of War 3 has aout 59% of the sales. I thought it would die after what it did to Uncharted 2.

I told you already earlier in the thread - it's not about the size of the retail sales but the dedicated fanbase.  A game with 20 million sales and only 10 people willing to bother voting for it would lose out to a game with 20 sales and 20 people willing to bother voting for it.

Votes like yours are tests of active fanbase - which is fine - nothing else.  As I noted earlier it was obvious early on that MGS4 and GoW3 would end up in the finals.  TBH if you hadn't sneakily manouvered Uncharted 2 up against GoW3 and given Reach a second life to try and avoid the obvious result Uncharted 2 would undoubtably been in third as it clearly has probably the third most active support base behind GoW3 and MGS4.

Funny to see how civilized the whole thing seems between the finalists.  Now if you'd managed to get Reach into the final vs a Sony exclusive no doubt sparks would be flying!

so you saying if gear of war sold more than god of war but god of war has better fanbase and more ppl like it?????

That's not at all what he's saying. His point is even with a larger fanbase, a game with a lower, but more dedicated fanbase will outvote the former. This is why God of War is winning out over Metal Gear Solid. We know it can't be because of the acclaimed "site preference" as both games are PlayStation 3 exclusives, so that just leaves the fanbase. On VG Chartz, God of War's is stronger.

On VG Chartz, it looks that way.

Yup.  That's exactly it.  Thanks CGI.  A very active small community will tend to outvote a much larger fairly inactive community when it comes to stuff like this.

TBH though I thought MGS4 had the more active community on the forums so I've been a bit surprised at how much active support old Kratos has.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Ω WINNER! Ω

Around the Network
Reasonable said:
CGI-Quality said:
kickazz113 said:
CGI-Quality said:
kickazz113 said:
Reasonable said:
dsage01 said:
pezus said:

Yup.  That's exactly it.  Thanks CGI.  A very active small community will tend to outvote a much larger fairly inactive community when it comes to stuff like this.

TBH though I thought MGS4 had the more active community on the forums so I've been a bit surprised at how much active support old Kratos has.

so more active fanbase is better than a large fanbase??

kickazz113 said:
Reasonable said:
CGI-Quality said:
kickazz113 said:
CGI-Quality said:
kickazz113 said:
Reasonable said:
dsage01 said:
pezus said:

It depends, if 100 people spent $1000 each on certain franchise (games, t-shirts, action figures, etc); and 300 people spent $100 each on other franchise; even though the first one has fewer users they are more "hardcore"; and that company in the end earns more money :D.

kickazz113 said:
Reasonable said:
CGI-Quality said:
kickazz113 said:
CGI-Quality said:
kickazz113 said:

For polls or votes, sure - I mean obviously there are cut of points but in general yes.

Also, commercially, as noted above a more active fanbase is more likely to spend more in general on stuff, etc.  Although that can vary.

Don't get me wrong, Halo for example has a huge active fanbase overall, buying books, figures, etc.  I'm just noting that on these forums the active fanbase for GoW and MGS4 is larger than the active fanbase for Halo titles, and hence in polls and the like they always do better because they have more people voting for them and trying hard to make them win vs Halo titles.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Reasonable said:
kickazz113 said:
Reasonable said:
CGI-Quality said:
kickazz113 said:
CGI-Quality said:
kickazz113 said:

For polls or votes, sure - I mean obviously there are cut of points but in general yes.

Also, commercially, as noted above a more active fanbase is more likely to spend more in general on stuff, etc.  Although that can vary.

Don't get me wrong, Halo for example has a huge active fanbase overall, buying books, figures, etc.  I'm just noting that on these forums the active fanbase for GoW and MGS4 is larger than the active fanbase for Halo titles, and hence in polls and the like they always do better because they have more people voting for them and trying hard to make them win vs Halo titles.

so in general, do u think which game have more active fanbase uncharted or gear of war

Heavenly_King said:
kickazz113 said:
Reasonable said:
CGI-Quality said:
kickazz113 said:
CGI-Quality said:
kickazz113 said:
Reasonable said:
dsage01 said:
pezus said:

It depends, if 100 people spent $1000 each on certain franchise (games, t-shirts, action figures, etc); and 300 people spent $100 each on other franchise; even though the first one has fewer users they are more "hardcore"; and that company in the end earns more money :D.

lol thanks for the info man XD