By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

What do you think the future of this thread should be

Comparing Third Party Series 21 36.21%

Comparing Third Party Games 16 27.59%

Locked 20 34.48%

Total:57
trasharmdsister12 said:
brendude13 said:
I don't know. I haven't played Valkyria Chronicles but I just bought Mass Effect, I was kind of in that "futuristic-y" mood.

This game better deliver, or I will completely lose faith in the hardcore gamers this generation.

Did you get it for 360 or PC? If you got it for 360 you might not enjoy the combat much after playing games like Gears and Uncharted. Plus the 360 version has quite a few technical hitches (and I mean baaaaaaaaad framerate). Some people enjoy what this game did well to overlook these problems (like me!) while others can't. It really depends from person to person so I hope you enjoy it even half as much as I do.

I bought it for PC a few months ago, but I'm not much of a PC gamer and I can't bring myself to play it, so I re-bought it for the XBOX 360.

I'm not one to care about combat, I just look for a great story, fun gameplay and great atmosphere. I can't really put my finger on what makes a game great, but it's gotta gibe me that "epic" feeling.

I didn't like the Mass Effect 2 demo, neither do I really like the overall "look" of the game, but I still have my fingers crossed.

Around the Network
kickazz113 said:
brendude13 said:
Jay520 said:

Michael-5 said:

More PS3 fans on this site, these threads support my claim.

Obviously, everyone already knows this. There's no point in saying it over and over again.

I agree, that statement is always so overused in these types of threads.

Don't forget, if there are more PS3 fans on this website, there must be a reason for it.

what do you mean by that??? what kind of reason????

More active PS3 users, more hardcore gamers on PS3 who are likely to use gaming websites or just generally people who prefer the PS3, whether they own both consoles or not.

Basically, because the PS3 exclusives tend to be more popular on this website, people are pointing it out as if it's some kind of fanboy infestation, when there isn't.

trasharmdsister12 said:

brendude13 said:

I bought it for PC a few months ago, but I'm not much of a PC gamer and I can't bring myself to play it, so I re-bought it for the XBOX 360.

I'm not one to care about combat, I just look for a great story, fun gameplay and great atmosphere. I can't really put my finger on what makes a game great, but it's gotta gibe me that "epic" feeling.

I didn't like the Mass Effect 2 demo, neither do I really like the overall "look" of the game, but I still have my fingers crossed.

The 360 version is a technical mess and the combat is incredibly integral to the gameplay. Having a mediocre (at best) combat system and a pretty poor framerate really hurts the gameplay in this game. The rest (story, characters, audio, presentation, atmosphere, rpg mechanics, loot) are waaaaaaaaaaaay better than ME2 IMO. ME2's art and look rubbed me the wrong way too (it was too dark and muggy looking) and overall was a pretty big disappointment but ME1 remains my favourite game this gen.

I know what you mean about dark and muggy, I like the look of the different planets in ME1 a hell of a lot more, that's quite a big deal to me.

Shame about the other issues though, hope it doesn't put me off.

kickazz113 said:
Michael-5 said:
osamanobama said:
Michael-5 said:
pezus said:
dsage01 said:
Before I thought everyone was lying that there is more PS3 fans on this site. But now I know it's true. Seriously Halo 3 sold more than 5 times Killzone 2 and beats it by only 2 votes! It's almost like Sony = automatic win on this site.

Reach won against R2

Gears won against R1

Mass Effect won against U:DF

Halo 3 won against Warhawk

Halo 3 won against Killzone 2

5 losses so far for PS3 games out of 16 battles, which means PS3 games have won about 69% of the battles so...not an automatic win by any stretch :P. 

So Microsoft's best selling, best rated IP's beat a PSN game, a generic shooter, and inched pasts PS3's prized shooter by 2 votes like dsages said? I also recall the only landslide victory was Halo vs. Warhawk, Halo couldn't landslide victory anything but a pity match up, and yes dsage matched them up to give 360 a chance.

dsage01, now you see the hypocrasy of this website.

Also, are you sure Mass Effect beat Uncharted 1? I voted in that one and I recall UC1 beating Mass Effect.

Halo 3 crushed Warhawk, a disk based game, why ar you down playing it as just a psn title.

what game would that be thats generic?

Xbox prized shooter beat out Sony's prized shooter.

i dont see how this constest is at all indicative of this site being ps3 biased. so far most outcomes have been pretty expected and not out of the ordinary

Warhawk isn't comparable to Halo 3. Warhawk is comparable to maybe CE Anniversary or Left 4 Dead. If Halo 3 lost to Warhawk....that would show something.

Also no, 360's prized shooters did not beat Sony's. Killzone 3 beat Halo Reach and Left 4 Dead 2 by large margins, Uncharted 2 beat everything. Microsoft was only able to make a clear victory against Resistance.

I'm not sure about you, but judging the the dismal amount of pre-orders for Resistance, the small amount of hype about the games on the forum, and the ommition of the game as a nominee as the best franchise for Sony elimination game. I don't think Resistance is one of PS3 fans most prized shooters.

It's good, very good, but I bet you most PS3 fans appreciate Killzone and Uncharted more. I feel Resistance is to PS3 fans what Left 4 Dead is to 360 fans. It's third best.

Microsoft never had a real chance against PS3 fans prized gems (Uncharted, GT, Killzone, God of War, and Heavy Rain).

how did killzone 3 beat halo reach????? halo got more fans

What? Killzone 3 never beat Reach? GT5 did but Reach still has one more life for reasons I already explained. Killzone 3 was out in the elimation round and Killzone 2 lost to Halo 3 by 2 votes. So I have no idea what your talking about

dsage01 said:
kickazz113 said:
Michael-5 said:
osamanobama said:
Michael-5 said:
pezus said:
dsage01 said:
Before I thought everyone was lying that there is more PS3 fans on this site. But now I know it's true. Seriously Halo 3 sold more than 5 times Killzone 2 and beats it by only 2 votes! It's almost like Sony = automatic win on this site.

Reach won against R2

Gears won against R1

Mass Effect won against U:DF

Halo 3 won against Warhawk

Halo 3 won against Killzone 2

5 losses so far for PS3 games out of 16 battles, which means PS3 games have won about 69% of the battles so...not an automatic win by any stretch :P. 

So Microsoft's best selling, best rated IP's beat a PSN game, a generic shooter, and inched pasts PS3's prized shooter by 2 votes like dsages said? I also recall the only landslide victory was Halo vs. Warhawk, Halo couldn't landslide victory anything but a pity match up, and yes dsage matched them up to give 360 a chance.

dsage01, now you see the hypocrasy of this website.

Also, are you sure Mass Effect beat Uncharted 1? I voted in that one and I recall UC1 beating Mass Effect.

Halo 3 crushed Warhawk, a disk based game, why ar you down playing it as just a psn title.

what game would that be thats generic?

Xbox prized shooter beat out Sony's prized shooter.

i dont see how this constest is at all indicative of this site being ps3 biased. so far most outcomes have been pretty expected and not out of the ordinary

Warhawk isn't comparable to Halo 3. Warhawk is comparable to maybe CE Anniversary or Left 4 Dead. If Halo 3 lost to Warhawk....that would show something.

Also no, 360's prized shooters did not beat Sony's. Killzone 3 beat Halo Reach and Left 4 Dead 2 by large margins, Uncharted 2 beat everything. Microsoft was only able to make a clear victory against Resistance.

I'm not sure about you, but judging the the dismal amount of pre-orders for Resistance, the small amount of hype about the games on the forum, and the ommition of the game as a nominee as the best franchise for Sony elimination game. I don't think Resistance is one of PS3 fans most prized shooters.

It's good, very good, but I bet you most PS3 fans appreciate Killzone and Uncharted more. I feel Resistance is to PS3 fans what Left 4 Dead is to 360 fans. It's third best.

Microsoft never had a real chance against PS3 fans prized gems (Uncharted, GT, Killzone, God of War, and Heavy Rain).

What? Killzone 3 never beat Reach? GT5 did but Reach still has one more life for reasons I already explained. Killzone 3 was out in the elimation round and Killzone 2 lost to Halo 3 by 2 votes. So I have no idea what your talking about

thats what michael said "Killzone 3 beat Halo Reach and Left 4 Dead 2 by large margins"..................

Around the Network
kickazz113 said:
dsage01 said:
kickazz113 said:

thats what michael said "Killzone 3 beat Halo Reach and Left 4 Dead 2 by large margins"..................

What, there was no Killzone 3 vs. Halo Reach? I didn't, but I swear I read someone said it was a landslide victory for Killzone. Maybe next round?

Killzone 3 did beat Left 4 Dead 2 by a large margin, and Killzone 2 did the same for L4D. I know this cause MUGEN was pestering me about my decision.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

kickazz113 said:
Michael-5 said:
kickazz113 said:
Michael-5 said:

I did downplay Warhawk. I jumped on the bandwagon when people were labeling it as a PSN game. I know it was a full retail game, that's how I played it, and yea, it's more of a reboot. (MS should reboot crimson skies).

Halo 3 beat Killzone 2 by 2 little votes.... that is hardly anything for a franchise as massive as Halo.

You have to admit though, that there is a preference toward PS3 exclusives on this website. Halo, Gears, and Mass Effect should be getting a lot more recognition. Killzone 3 is fun as hell, but Halo Reach is much more polished (I told you my co-op issue in KZ3 right?). Gears shouls have also stood a modest chance against Uncharted, and how the heck did Lost Odyssey lose?

you only talk about website, about real world???? the only place xbox lead is USA

The larget video game market in the world? Also Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand...basically any country part of the old British Empire, and don't forget worldwide, and the combined EMEAA and Americas region.

Just look at games sales as well, Halo is a 10 million plus franchise, it should be able to trump any FPS exclusive. Just like GT5 trumps racers.

but dont you see in worldwide ps3 is outselling xbox since 2009-2011

That is true, but it hasn't been consistant. PS3 outsold the 360 from fall 2009 to summer 2010. Then the next 6 months 360 was ontop, and the first six months of 2011 PS3 was ontop. I bet you, since 360 is a stronger brand in regions where holiday sales affect console sales most (and judging from last fall), 360 will outsell PS3 for the end of the year.

So the fair way to look at it is that 360 had mid 2008-mid 2009. PS3 had mid 2009-2010. Since mid 2010 it's been fairly even (within 5% now after 6 months of PS3 being ontop).

This is why you should look at fisical years instead of actual ones since decisions made in September affect the next 12 months much more then those in January.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

brendude13 said:
kickazz113 said:
brendude13 said:
Jay520 said:

Michael-5 said:

Obviously, everyone already knows this. There's no point in saying it over and over again.

Don't forget, if there are more PS3 fans on this website, there must be a reason for it.

More active PS3 users, more hardcore gamers on PS3 who are likely to use gaming websites or just generally people who prefer the PS3, whether they own both consoles or not.

Basically, because the PS3 exclusives tend to be more popular on this website, people are pointing it out as if it's some kind of fanboy infestation, when there isn't.

I agree with the second point, but not the first.

Maybe 360 owners are just playing their games instead of being here? It would explain higher software sales and active XBL users over PSN, but less users on this website.

I think it's just some websites are more strongly MS oriented, others Sony. Simple as that.

Michael-5 said:
brendude13 said:
kickazz113 said:
brendude13 said:
Jay520 said:

Michael-5 said:

Maybe 360 owners are just playing their games instead of being here? It would explain higher software sales and active XBL users over PSN, but less users on this website.

I think it's just some websites are more strongly MS oriented, others Sony. Simple as that.

Well Xbox fans are scatterd all over youtube, gamespot e.t.c. But I see PS owners get more deeper into things such as sales. But I find the PS3 audince older than the people who buy the 360. I don't hear no kids screaming on my ear in games like GT, Killzone, and hardly in Uncharted  like I do in Halo and occasionally Gears of War too. So I really don't think that kids would be intrested in sales sites such as these.

dsage01 said:
Michael-5 said:
brendude13 said:

Well Xbox fans are scatterd all over youtube, gamespot e.t.c. But I see PS owners get more deeper into things such as sales. But I find the PS3 audince older than the people who buy the 360. I don't hear no kids screaming on my ear in games like GT, Killzone, and hardly in Uncharted  like I do in Halo and occasionally Gears of War too. So I really don't think that kids would be intrested in sales sites such as these.

That could be it. When I joined VGC I was always confused why there were more PS3 fans on a sales website (360 is beating PS3 after all), but age might play a role. I mean when I played the UC3 beta I heard just as many kids over the mics as in a typical Halo game, but I think less kids are interested in something like Killzone, and I know SOCOM has an older audience. Then again, how many are interested in Forza and Alan Wake? I know Left 4 Dead 2 had a young audience surprisingly, so I agree with this.

Also because 360 is largely popular in British Empire countries, I bet websites more focused on news in specific countries (like USA) are likely the ones more popular with 360 fans.