By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Witcher 2 first month sales set new record in Poland

Tagged games:

Zlejedi said:
JEMC said:
Good for them!

Just for curiosity, which game had the previous record?

And yes, lol at the picture.

Well in a really suprising turn of events that would be The Witcher 1 :D

And before TW1 record belonged to Baldurs Gate 1.

Thanks.

I'm quite surprised. No call of duty? Or a Mario game? At least both The Witcher and Baldurs Gate are very good games.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:
Zlejedi said:
JEMC said:
Good for them!

Just for curiosity, which game had the previous record?

And yes, lol at the picture.

Well in a really suprising turn of events that would be The Witcher 1 :D

And before TW1 record belonged to Baldurs Gate 1.

Thanks.

I'm quite surprised. No call of duty? Or a Mario game? At least both The Witcher and Baldurs Gate are very good games.

Mario I'd guess  strugles to break 5k copies per title with Nintendo having around 5% of market share
Call of duty sells into 100k range too but over longer periods of time this is one month only.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Between Baldur's Gate (around 14 000 copies during few months) and Witcher there were others: Heroes of Might & Magic IV was also the fastest selling game (around 40k), then it was beaten by... HOMMV (around 58k) closely followed by Gothic3 (these series are very popular here, I love them :D). I think that Assassin's Creed also set some milestone but I honestly can't remember and can't find any reliable source at the moment.

This year during calm weeks FIFA11 was always in top 3 on x360/ps3 at bestseller lists, dunno how much it sold but it might be even more than / on par with CoDs... - football is VERY popular here.

Nintendo almost doesn't exists in Poland. The last time when it was popular was in early 90's due to cheap Famicon clones. Now, I dunno any person having Nintendo console. On the other hand, PSP was quite popular but mainly due to piracy - my friend has one and he uses it only for emulating PSX games.

Thanks for that. Seems that RPGs are very popular in Poland.

And that makes me wonder, now that there are more people playing videogames and given that Baldr's Gate sold so well, what happened to its "spiritual successor" Dragon Age?

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Thanks for that. Seems that RPGs are very popular in Poland.

And that makes me wonder, now that there are more people playing videogames and given that Baldr's Gate sold so well, what happened to its "spiritual successor" Dragon Age?

Well honestly it isn't matter of popularity.

But RPGs and strategy have perception of good value for money so people are more likely to pay for them. For shorter stuff torrent wins much more often ;)

In fact my 200+ games collection is rather exception than norm here)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

That's good, now if only they were working on a expansion rather than a console port (yes I'm selfish)

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Not surprising but very impressive for one country.

Just got the same myself on steam. Had to buy it given its price reduction.