By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Guys...it happened...

My PS3 60GB B/C died yesterday ^^

Of course it was no suprise for me but i thought it would happen while playing Uncharted 3 xD

I only watched a movie and after 5 minutes...zoom...YLOD!

I think im gonna let it repair for 75€ cause i need the PS2 backwards compability and in the end its cheaper than buying a Slim + old PS2 but the only question is how long will it survive after the repair...if its hold on for another 3 and a half years im fine ^^

RIP PS3 - 24.12.2007 - 15.06.2011

Around the Network

R.I.P :(
He was so young *tear*

*starts slow clap*

*starts clapping faster*

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Lame... RROD is so much cooler than YLOD...

Seriously though, sorry about your loss... hopefully you can get it fixed, because the 60 GB models are tough to come by these days unless you wanna shell out some big bucks for another one on eBay.

Funny enough, I got my 360 in Dec '07, same day as you got your PS3 as a matter of fact, and it RROD'd less than a year later.  Lately it's been getting REALLY loud again, and my 3 year extended warranty is already up, so here's hoping that it doesn't follow suit with your PS3 the next time I turn it on :)

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

I heard that Sony is coming out with a new model Playstation 3, if only you wouldn't mind waiting.

TT Makaveli said:

I think im gonna let it repair for 75€ cause i need the PS2 backwards compability and in the end its cheaper than buying a Slim + old PS2 but the only question is how long will it survive after the repair...if its hold on for another 3 and a half years im fine ^^

WTF??? Where are you from? When my 60GB Ps3 died, I called Sony's repair phone number and they told me they don't repair that model anymore, they give you a renewed model for 150euro.

freebs2 said:
TT Makaveli said:

WTF??? Where are you from? When my 60GB Ps3 died, I called Sony's repair phone number and they told me they don't repair that model anymore, they give you a renewed model for 150euro.

im from Germany and there are bunch of sites where you can sent it to repair the YLOD for under 100€...calling Sony?lol im not crazy  ^^

Sorry to hear that.

My first 60gb, died from Blu-Ray disc drive failure I got a refurb which wasn't great and died, and now I'm on my 3rd which was free on warrenty of the 2nd. That's noisy as hell, my entire house can hear it when it's on. Yesterday (okay it was hottest day of the year here in the UK), it came up with a message saying the console is too hot.

So, this weekend, I'm backing up all my saves on PSNPlus (free because of PSN downtime) and then exchanging it at Gamestation using price matching, my local Gamestation have 120GBs for £155, so I'll get a slim for around £40. 1 Year Gamestation warranty.

Seems all good to me.

Hmm, pie.

From the thread title my heart raced. How could I reply?
-"That's okay. It happens to every man. -Even more when you get older."
-"Your first pube? You should be proud!"
-"I wasn't this excited when I lost my baby teeth."
-"Xanadu is being released on Blu Ray!?"

And then I find out it's just another YLoD thread. I've said it before. All PS3's will get the YLoD except for my 80gb PS3 Phat (with Backwards Compatibility Action and Kung Fu Grip!). My PS3 is the Highlander. It is inevitable that all others must fall. There can be only one!