Forums - Gaming Discussion - Famitsu's Most Wanted - dominated by Square Enix

http://www.n4g.com/gaming/News-35162.aspx

1. Final Fantasy XIII (Square Enix)
2. Dragon Quest IX (Square Enix)
3. Biohazard 5 (Capcom)
4. Metal Gear Solid 4 (Konami)
5. Persona 3: Fes (Atlus)

Around the Network

I’ve enjoyed Squares works for a long time, but since when is "domination"  two out of five?

So Hus, since Wii selling two-to-one against the PS3, are you ready to admit it’s being “dominated?”

"There are three types of lies : Lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli ( Made famous by Mark Twain )

PSN ID: DeviantPathways

Wii Number: 0081 3044 1559 2355

DoesWhatNintenDont said:

I’ve enjoyed Squares works for a long time, but since when is "domination" two out of five?

So Hus, since Wii selling two-to-one against the PS3, are you ready to admit it’s being “dominated?”

Not until the Wii comes in black.

EDIT: And has a stilleto stand, and the disc slot has a zipper over it. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

DoesWhatNintenDont said:

I’ve enjoyed Squares works for a long time, but since when is "domination" two out of five?

lol you are a joker... and wii is a joke.

Top game on PS3

3 of the top 5 on PS3

7 of top 20 on  PS3

You know, Hus was actually being civil for once, you shouldn't get him started.

Around the Network

You know I've always thought of Square as wonderful and a great company. I then went to think about those memorable moments with them and I realized I have never played any Square games!!!

I was never a true RPG fan until Golden Sun. I remember watching my friends play some Final Fantasy on the ps, but I never actually got a shot at it. I really need to get with it. Thanks to this thread I am definitely getting Reverant Wings and possibly the next Tactics when they come out. If I ever get ps2 or 3 I'll check FF out on those. Thanks for showing me the light Hus.

Hus said:
DoesWhatNintenDont said:

lol you are a joker... and wii is a joke.

Top game on PS3

3 of the top 5 on PS3

7 of top 20 on PS3

That means nothing. PS3 is still gonna fail. buhahhaha... oh wait. That's what wii people would say.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Interesting... this is the "most wanted" chart I have been following for years:

http://the-magicbox.com/topten3.htm

Notice how the DS has the most wanted game ;)

1 Dragon Quest IX Square Enix NDS
2 Final Fantasy XIII Square Enix PS3
3 Biohazard 5 Capcom PS3
4 Persona 3 Fes Atlus PS2
5 Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Konami PS3

I have also noticed there isn't really any correlation between positions in the "most wanted", and sales. New Super Mario never got very high on the charts, I think Blue Dragon was #1 for a week or two... Pokemon was nowhere near #1, etc.

Does it really make sense that "Devil May Cry 4" is at #20, where Persona 3 is at #4?

Actually, the NDS/Wii having 7/20 spots is pretty good - Nintendo games rarely show up here at all.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Kytiara said:
You know, Hus was actually being civil for once, you shouldn't get him started.

No harm ment. It just seemed like too easy of a rib to let go. I'm sure Hus understands.

"There are three types of lies : Lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli ( Made famous by Mark Twain )

PSN ID: DeviantPathways

Wii Number: 0081 3044 1559 2355

shams said:

Interesting... this is the "most wanted" chart I have been following for years:

http://the-magicbox.com/topten3.htm

Notice how the DS has the most wanted game ;)

1 Dragon Quest IX Square Enix NDS
2 Final Fantasy XIII Square Enix PS3
3 Biohazard 5 Capcom PS3
4 Persona 3 Fes Atlus PS2
5 Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Konami PS3

I have also noticed there isn't really any correlation between positions in the "most wanted", and sales. New Super Mario never got very high on the charts, I think Blue Dragon was #1 for a week or two... Pokemon was nowhere near #1, etc.

Does it really make sense that "Devil May Cry 4" is at #20, where Persona 3 is at #4?

Actually, the NDS/Wii having 7/20 spots is pretty good - Nintendo games rarely show up here at all.

Yeah, dragon quest and final fantasy won't sell at all.  Do I need to point out that 4 of those are on a playstation?  Also, it seems lack xbox...