By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LAUNCH PS3 Owners....Is Your PS3 STILL WORKING? (Or has it YLOD'd/Stopped working?)

Is your LAUNCH PS3 Still Working?

NO IT AINT! 136 43.87%

YES IT IS! 174 56.13%

Total:310
darthdevidem01 said:

My friend TT_Makaveli was wondering about this, so am I and so are many launch PS3 owners worried about their PS3's future as many launch PS3's are dying now.

The answer is a simple yes or no.

Yes mine is still working.

always put a show result on your poll... there i'm tempted to vote to see the results and I don't have a PS3.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network

mine did die on me 2 years and a few months after i bought it... got a refurbished 60gb model from sony because i dont like the slim that much... it was a sad day, when my original ps3 failed on me...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Hephaestos said:
darthdevidem01 said:

My friend TT_Makaveli was wondering about this, so am I and so are many launch PS3 owners worried about their PS3's future as many launch PS3's are dying now.

The answer is a simple yes or no.

Yes mine is still working.

always put a show result on your poll... there i'm tempted to vote to see the results and I don't have a PS3.

here it is

NO IT AINT! 119 45.08%

YES IT IS! 145 54.92%

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

I got my PS3 at launch but it stopped working after only 1month though. Got another fatty send from Sony so you can say it's a launch console. And yeah it still works today.

Mine still works, such a cool console, possibly the greatest console ever made, does everything, even helped me do my homework once. I use it for PS2 games now, makes everything prettier and I prefer the wireless controls.

It's funny, you look up old Wii's and you could easily buy one for around $100, the same thing with old 360's, but wanna buy an original PS3? Drop down $500 on that fucker. Just love it and hopefully it's worth even more in the future, imagine all the Assassins Creed games I could buy!

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network

My 60gig launch model had the blu-ray replaced about 2 years ago , and just about 5 months ago the yellow light deal happened , right after my nephews 80 gig yellowed. His parents bought him a new slim. I read and watched videos about how to fix. I cleaned the ps3 many times but never got down to the heat-sink. amazed how much dust collected. Used a heat gun and re-flowed, used the artic frost heatsink paste. it's been three months now and is still working fine. Now my son's 80 gig also yellowed last week , tore it down but haven't had time to re-flow it yet. Looks the same inside , factory white past was dried like white paint.

I know they say this is rare , but I have 3 PS3's in our family that have yellow lighted.

I will try and fix the other (2) 80 gigs and hope to have the luck I had with my 60 gig, but I'm waiting on maybe a price cut to get a slim. I'm torn between getting a bigger hard-drive for my 60 and buying a slim , cause not sure how much longer my fix is going to last.

Loyal ps3 fan

:D PS3 ftw! Mine works great, but I do look after it. I mean, after all its part of the family.

<a href="http://b0c40pmhv4t-qfuimlmmqex5q0.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=WT5K3KF3" target="_top">Click Here!</a>

I bought my 60Gb PS3 at launch and its still working without a hitch. Although thinking of putting it out to pasture and getting a slim.

Mine stop working 2 years ago. I let parents used it to watch a movie and they didn't know how to turn it off (LOL), so they left it on over night till the morning, about 10-12 hours and it got burnt out. It work really well for 3 years.

Doobie_wop said:
Mine still works, such a cool console, possibly the greatest console ever made, does everything, even helped me do my homework once. I use it for PS2 games now, makes everything prettier and I prefer the wireless controls.

It's funny, you look up old Wii's and you could easily buy one for around $100, the same thing with old 360's, but wanna buy an original PS3? Drop down $500 on that fucker. Just love it and hopefully it's worth even more in the future, imagine all the Assassins Creed games I could buy!

You do realize that's because newer models are horribly gimped features wise right?  I mean, had the Wii or 360 decided to remove backwords compatability shortly after release it would be pretty similar.