By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LAUNCH PS3 Owners....Is Your PS3 STILL WORKING? (Or has it YLOD'd/Stopped working?)

Is your LAUNCH PS3 Still Working?

NO IT AINT! 136 43.87%

YES IT IS! 174 56.13%

Total:310
Kasz216 said:
Doobie_wop said:
Mine still works, such a cool console, possibly the greatest console ever made, does everything, even helped me do my homework once. I use it for PS2 games now, makes everything prettier and I prefer the wireless controls.

It's funny, you look up old Wii's and you could easily buy one for around $100, the same thing with old 360's, but wanna buy an original PS3? Drop down $500 on that fucker. Just love it and hopefully it's worth even more in the future, imagine all the Assassins Creed games I could buy!

You do realize that's because newer models are horribly gimped features wise right?  I mean, had the Wii or 360 decided to remove backwords compatability shortly after release it would be pretty similar.

Of course that's the reason, it doesn't change the fact that there are a limited number of launch PS3's and I have one that's working fine, I'm just happy that my console holds some sort of value as a collectors item. 

Also, the main reason old 360's don't sell for more than $100 is because no ones willing to buy an old 360, the failure rate on those things were extremely high and it'd be pretty silly to purchase a second hand 360 that was made before 2009. The Wii fits your argument better.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network

I have an original 60gig and it works great.

Only thing I have had to do to it is replace the internal fan.