By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Did anyone else wanted the ABXY buttons format on the Wii U to be like the GameCube's?

???? (I wished I had a green GameCube controller....) 

Around the Network

Neh. The GC fomat was good but I prefer the SNES style.

Honestly, i don`t even remember how it was like playing it that way. I don`t think that it would have the same space layout on Wii U`s controller. Wii U`s button are smaller and more compact.

Gamecube controller was by far the best pad ever made to me. Nothing has and I doubt will come close. I just want a damn adaptar so I can use my GC controllers on my PC.

I say swappable button configs! Sometimes classic SNES-style ABXY is best, sometimes GCN is. Why not allow that part of the controller to be swapped out? Well, besides the fact that it wouldn't be reliable. Theoretically, if a reliable way to do it could happen, that WOULD be best...

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

I think also they want the control layout to be somewhat familiar to hardcore gamers that played the PS3 and 360

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

I liked the kidney scheme myself, or maybe i just learned to like it through five years and beyond and thousands of hours of playtime...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I liked it, it particularly worked well for racing games I thought. Ultimately though more people are used to the diamond configuration, and it is arguably more versatile.

I do. I really liked the GC configuration... I hope wiiU still accepts GC controllers... Smash would not be the same without them!!!

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

worst controller ever. Besides the n64 controller