By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Eurogamer - Duke Nukem Forever review (3/10)

Tagged games:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-12-duke-nukem-forever-review

"In the end, you feel every year of Duke Nukem Forever's ridiculous, fractured development seeping out of each unsatisfying frame. With four studios sharing title space in the opening animation, and end credits which run for almost 10 minutes, the weight of so many false starts, dead ends and endlessly revised design documents proves too much. For all his muscle and bravado, Duke Nukem is actually a fragile creature. His legacy is based on a specific combination of time and technology and a mercurial element of fun that simply doesn't lend itself to repetition, especially after so long in limbo.

The appeal of Duke Nukem lives on. But your time and money would be better spent reliving his iconic past than bearing witness to this gruesomely mangled resurrection."

3/10

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone played the game yet? If so, what do think of the game?

Around the Network

this game isn't as bad as every body makes it out to be a 3/10 seriously!

Seems a little harsh but I don't know until I've seen a general consensus of it being bad or have played it myself..

Ouch ...

Just means that the price will drop really quickly and I can play it.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:

I like the way you think.

Oh man. This is exactly like Guns N' Roses' Chinese Democracy. Maybe the game isn't so bad, but after all these years in waiting...

Fab_GS said:
Euphoria14 said:

I like the way you think.

Real gamers don't care about review scores and high sales.

They just care about getting to play what they want to play and if it happens to get a sequel they are pleased. If not, they move on to something else.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Bye Duke...

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

2 guns! Regen Health! And what a surprise it blows!

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype