By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What does your username mean?

My shameless attempt at a long-running thread :P

Simple process to explain what your username means. Some are obvious, some less so. I know mine dates back to when i played Phantasy Star Online on GameCube. My first character was a Force but i decided i needed a Hunter because it became obvious to me that the game was unbalanced against Forces and i needed someone who could take a hit, so i cast around for a good, physical-combat kinda name for my character, and dredged up Genghis Khan from the annals of history (though i misspelled it Ghengis), and that character quickly surpassed my Force as my primary character, and that name became my primary online handle. Fast-forward about a year to the DS' launch, and when it came time to put a username in for that, Ghengis Khan was too long, so i truncated it to Mr. Khan, which i then used on all my DS online games and thus started identifying myself on gaming sites based around that. Even the disappearance of the period in Mr. has a tiny story, dating to a glitch on Joystiq in early 2007 that for some reason cut the Mr. out of my name completely, so i built my current Joystiq account (number one account on the site all-time) without the period just to be safe.

I also use Ogodei or Ogodei-Khan, who was Ghengis' lazy, alcoholic son, and a much more unique name given that Khan is like Smith in Central Asia, so there are a damn lot of people who use "Mr Khan" or something like it as their online handle in the world, but next to no-one recalls Ghengis' son (even though he helped to organize the empire his father built, the largest Empire ever to be built in human history, ruling men from Korea to Ukraine and Siberia to Iran)

I give mine, you give yours. That's the arrangement :)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Mine is a character from Unlimited Saga. Do I have to write more? =p

Playstation All-Stars is one of the best games I've played this gen, and is the most fun I've had in a game this gen.

Dunno. Found it on a taxi driver name generator.

Mythe said:

Not at all. I'm very tired right now and likely rambling, which explains the wall-o-text

Boutros said:
Dunno. Found it on a taxi driver name generator.

Huh, i always imagined yours had something to do with Former UN Secretary General Boutros-Boutros Gali.

Go figure

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Mythe said:

Not at all. I'm very tired right now and likely rambling, which explains the wall-o-text

Okay good =)

Playstation All-Stars is one of the best games I've played this gen, and is the most fun I've had in a game this gen.

friend from school started calling me sweatface because my last name is sweat so it stuck.. lol and the 7 is for my fav number.

Porcupine is a character from the Movie "Stalker" he is only talked about in the movie, as the protagonists discover his fate, and what it means for themselves.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

my is a combination of my first name jonathan and my last name. been using it for about 5 yrs.

glimmer_of_hope is pretty much a reminder that even through the dark times, there can always be a light of hope to guide us through.

Gaming Away Life Since 1985