By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - first gameplay footage of killer freaks

famousringo said:
WTF was happening at 43:00?

One thing I enjoy about Ubisoft games is that they never miss an opportunity to remind you they're French

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Around the Network

Is it only for me that aiming is a bit tough on WiiU?

megaman79 said:
DélioPT said:
The multiplayer seems to be the strongest point - at least until we know more about the game. If this game has an online mode it will be awesome: playing with friends while one of the gets to throw enemies at you on 1 vs 1, or, on a team game, each guy has to take out another guy from the other team, and acomplishing that, he can join another of his team to take out his target!

Yeah, imagine The Grinder like this? You take the Birds Eye View RTS style of the PS360 version (does it even exist still?) and the FPS version for Wii (does that still exist?) and you have a brand new style of sub-genre game.

Yeah, that would be a great idea!

For once, instead of playing against someone on the same perspective, you are now going to litereally devide them and each one has it`s own!

YogS said:

Irrelivent, the wiimote works with it.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

the multiplayer aspect really intrigues me. Imagine what Horde modes or something like Left 4 Dead could be like

Around the Network
megaman79 said:
YogS said:

Then what with this innovative new controller?

For other types of games and control methods.  Also new views, Video chatting - lots of things, but not FPS!

Playing : PC  AOE, DiRT 2, Runes of Magic, Wings of Prey & Planetside 2  

Wii U : Nintendoland, Super Mario U  & Fifa 2013 demo

DS : Guitar Hero : On Tour

Formerly unknown as Vengi

http://vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?id=2331

YogS said:
megaman79 said:
YogS said:

Then what with this innovative new controller?

This - "Venji said:

For other types of games and control methods.  Also new views, Video chatting - lots of things, but not FPS!"

But you also need to consider certain things, like how FPS is a dying genre right now, and how Nintendo don't make FPS's anyway. It was really blind luck that they had developed arguably the best controls ever made for FPS games.

Regardless, Its way too early to say anything definitive about this technology, but I think what we'll see is that most companies ewill be using the two sticks for control and camera only. The genius of the motion control is that it isn't intrusive, or debilitating, like it was with the Wiimote and Kinect.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.