By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Vita Wifi Only or 3G?

What Playstation Vita Model Are You Getting?

Wi-fi Only Model 138 58.72%

3G Model 29 12.34%

I'm Not Sure Yet 35 14.89%

I'm Not Getting One 19 8.09%

Shows Results 14 5.96%

Total:235
superchunk said:
Mythe said:
superchunk said:
I don't understand why anyone would choose 3G based on how it is handled.

Is the idea of using online gaming everywhere awesome? yes.
Is it worth an extra $15 to $30 a month on my cell phone bill while still be limited to how much I can actually play? absolutely not.

If they let us use the SIM cards we already have in our phones it would be worth it. Some of the games they showed you could play over 3G (at least that what they said...).

Unless you're grandfathered into an older unlimited data plan, its still a really bad choice. Even then you know AT&T will eventually force you to choose a new plan that is limited. It just makes no financial sense.... unless you can get the PSV for free through a two year contract... granted at $15 to $30 a month it would still cost you more in the long run for a limited data plan.

I have a unlimited plan with my cell company. It's pretty sweet. That's why I wish we could use our own cards =p

Playstation All-Stars is one of the best games I've played this gen, and is the most fun I've had in a game this gen.

Around the Network

Wifi all the way.

I already have an iphone. So wifi all the way. But thats if i get it. 

As things stand now, I have no plans on getting one. If I do, it will definitely be the Wi-Fi one. I do not want another monthly bill for any reason. (And no, it's not an extra charge on my cell phone bill, since I don't have a cell at all.) Though, given all the next systems that will come out, the PSV does have the best odds of it being my next new system. (The WiiU I think is a huge mistake, and at present, I have no interest in a 720 or PS4.)

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Im going Wi-fi only model, cuz I know they will overprice the 3g fee. but I will be really happy cuz there is wi-fi all over the place

Around the Network

Probably 3G i wont be using much at first. But when PSV gets hacked (every console always do) it will allow me to use it as a smart phone, since all you need for that is basically software.

Miguel_Zorro said:

It really depends what kind of plans they come up with in Canada, where we tend to overpay for data, but I'm leaning towards Wifi.

I hope they give Canada the option to choose who they want to use =p

But on another note. Have you tried Mobilicity? I use them and I get unlimited everything for $42 a month. Which isn't bad compared to the other carriers....

Playstation All-Stars is one of the best games I've played this gen, and is the most fun I've had in a game this gen.

Like with my PSP I just want to play games. I don;t use it for music or video or anything besides gaming. Wifi since I don't need it to have a cell phone and the wizzits and wagets and woozits that cost 50$ more.

Silver-Tiger said:
snakenobi said:
Silver-Tiger said:
If there's some way to use 3G to telephone with Vita, the question is obsolete, definitely the 3G model.
Else, I want to see the advantages 3G offers me first.

yeah skype will be available and web browser will allow us to make calls

will depend on 3G plans,if unlimited plans are available then 3G

SONY please allow third parties to develop apps that way i can use it as my primary device

You sure Sony can offer Skype on the Vita? MS bought a few weeks ago. They don't have a handheld, so they don't need to compete with Sony here, but still...

it is a guarantee,if MS stops supporting other platform then skype will fall

its like Windows selling on their competitor's computer

this acquisition is very important,one day all these per phone carrier's will be invalid and all we will have to buy is data and then use skype to call others.and MS would want as many people to join

Wifi, 3G is useless for gaming.