By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Wii is for children, everyone agree's!!!!

Maybe I was not clear. The Wii isn't for kids. But what I was trying to say that it seems as if it is targeted for kids. Design of menu, design and content of games. What the wii is lacking is material that will attract other gamers. Take for instantce if project hammer looks like god of war with a hammer it would shut many people up and entice some of these people who own other system to take a look. Disaster looked really good and it certainly looks like its going to apeal to a more mature crowd.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

Around the Network
dpmnymkrprez said:
Quartz said:

Question 1. No

and

Question 2. No(disneyland)

Does that make me a insecure person? No.

Do I like kids? Well I enjoy spending my time with the kids in my family, although I don't have any of my own.

As for the 'Wii is for children, everyone agree's!!!!'. I don't think it is, but non of the games make me want to go out and buy one.

Why couldn't you just keep the question simple rather than trying to tell people that they are insecure based on 2 questions?

*Edit. I had a Master System 2 when everyone else had a Mega Drive, people laughed at me for having a 8bit system but I enjoyed playing on it.

BOTTOM LINE. I don't want to hear anyone on this site say the wii is for kids, or any sytem for that matter. I will some questions and the ones who say NO are insecure and are probably only buying hardware to make up for what they do not have.
Might as well make that sweeping generalization about cars while your at it!

What kinda car do you have...lol....that s a joke

I don't own one

Good to see this site is still going 

its the kiddwii!!!

NIn has always been kiddy oriented, its just reality.

Even if the Wii is aimed for kids does not mean that older people cant enjoy it. Yes I said that Wii is for kids live with it. Why must we have multiple threads about the same thing?

staticneuron said:

Maybe I was not clear. The Wii isn't for kids. But what I was trying to say that it seems as if it is targeted for kids. Design of menu, design and content of games. What the wii is lacking is material that will attract other gamers. Take for instantce if project hammer looks like god of war with a hammer it would shut many people up and entice some of these people who own other system to take a look. Disaster looked really good and it certainly looks like its going to apeal to a more mature crowd.

I know what you mean, Ive been waiting for some new ones to come out. Project hammer looks cool, and I don't know If I am 100% sold on the new RE Umbrella Chronicles. I just don't know how I will like a rail shooter of RE, time will tell. Scarface looks like it might be fun, buth then again I have heard a lot of good things about disaster Day of crisis as well. I heard Red Steel 2 is suppose to be decent as well. Any other cool games like Day or what not that you know of??? Seems like we have somewhat of the same taste.

Around the Network
staticneuron said:

i can't agree to the part when you say "it seems as if it is targeted for kids".  in the very beginning, nintendo has always said they wanted to expand the gaming experience to non-gamers as well.  this includes adults who doesn't play games.  my impression was that the wii was targeted for "everyone" when they first announced it, not "targeted for kids".  so far, i have only seen sony fans and microsoft fans being the majority of the group who feels it is targeted for kids.  the design of the menu and contents of game is more about userfriendly gui and party games for everyone.  i dont see which part is kiddy only.

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

Hus said:

its the kiddwii!!!

a typical sony fanboy answer. Nintendo is always Japan market oriented. This is the type of games they like  in Japan. They don't want voilence in them to be satisfied. You don't need voilence in a game to find it a challenge and fun to complete.

Most voilent FPS are just that run around and shoot no real strategy or thinking to it. Just run and shoot. Any kid can do that too you know.

However to play a game that invovles thinking must be to hard for you hence you call it a kids game since kids are ment to be more imaginetive and have better skills to work it out right?

Cobretti said:
Hus said:

its the kiddwii!!!

a typical sony fanboy answer. Nintendo is always Japan market oriented. This is the type of games they like in Japan. They don't want voilence in them to be satisfied. You don't need voilence in a game to find it a challenge and fun to complete.

Most voilent FPS are just that run around and shoot no real strategy or thinking to it. Just run and shoot. Any kid can do that too you know.

However to play a game that invovles thinking must be to hard for you hence you call it a kids game since kids are ment to be more imaginetive and have better skills to work it out right?

yahh mario really involves lots of thinking hehehahahaahahahah.

Hus said:

Well, compared to God of War, or Dynasty Warriors... hell yes, it DOES. Have you played New Super Mario?? have you collected ALL of the coins? You go off and do that, then tell me it requires NO thinking :)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Hus said:
Cobretti said:
Hus said:

its the kiddwii!!!

a typical sony fanboy answer. Nintendo is always Japan market oriented. This is the type of games they like in Japan. They don't want voilence in them to be satisfied. You don't need voilence in a game to find it a challenge and fun to complete.

Did i even mention mario you dick. Stop putting words in my mouth. Your just a fanboy accept it. All consoles offer something for everyone. They don't need violence to be enjoyed by adults.

And ynow that you mentioned mario, yes mario does require more thinking then any FPS. Although this ain't a good example.