Wii and Xbox 360 7 8.33%

Wii and PS3 14 16.67%

Xbox 360 and PS3 7 8.33%

All of them 19 22.62%

See results 3 3.57%

Total:84

Got my PS3 in 2007

Got my 360 in 2008

And not me, but my parents got Wii in 2009.

I play the 360 mostly, and PS3 a decent amount. Barely play the wii except for NSMBW.

Around the Network

I bought my Wii in 2009 and very satisfied with it. It has very balanced library with games that apers to every one. Even my mother that hate video games said that wanted to try tennis on Wii Sports since she saw it. 

2006 - Got a 360 as a christmas present.
summer 2008 - 360 died, lived longer than most early 360's, but being the surprisingly clever chap that I am I sent it for repairs and within 11 days it was back in my room, at no extra cost, and continues to live to this day.
2009 - I got myself a DS Lite.
2010 - I bought a new 'not-so-super' computer that is a damn fine gaming machine and a 'swanky' new 360 for shits and giggles.

Depending on what PSP games get PS3 compatability I will get one of those as I couldn't justify getting one for a single game that I REALLY wanted to play (Valkyria Chronicles), so if its frankly silly PSP sequels get moved over as well as Star Ocean 1 and 2 then they may well have a deal.

A few games on Wii, e.g. Xenoblade, The Last Story etc... got me interested in it but then news of its successor came about, with backwards compatability no less, so I decided to wait for that instead.

Jay520 said:
The main thing is the fact that you said KB Speech encouraged you to buy a ps3. It was funny but not buy-a-new-console good. How did PSN+ encourage you at E3 when most of the deals were pretty useless.

And then you say how PSN+ (at launch) was great enough to convince you to buy a ps3, yet LIVE is a waste of money. I can't see how PSN+ at launch had more value than LIVE.

Your overall tone of the post just seems suspiscious to me. Like when the slim came out, the phat got a price drop too in order to clear out stock. Why didn't you buy a phat then?

Why was your plan to buy a PS3 when it didn't have any exclusives you wanted.

You say the Wii was garbage because of it's inaccurate controls. Most of the Wii's best games don't require accurate controls (SSBB, MKWii, NSMBWii, SMG, etc)

And then you say that the PS3's online security is not as good as LIVE, but then you say it's online is of the same quality. I Don't understand this?

I was thinking about getting a ps3 before the E3 but like most people I thought I would see what E3 had in store for the PS3 first like price cuts and games. PS+ first month didn't have anything really good, but they said if you get PS+ early you get WipeOut HD and 3 extra months free, so I knew I would get my monies worth. Also I knew the subscription service would most likely do well, so the more people/money they get the better/more stuff they can offer.

PSN+ at launch had more value then for me then Live. With Live I only play games online I didn't do anything else. With PSN it's free and with the subscription I get free games and discounts on PSN games so hands down I (personally) was already getting more value.

I was at college when they changed from phat to slim. My program was really time consuming so I wasn't keeping up to date with gaming news. When I found out it was too late.

My plan was to buy the PS3 because I thought Finally Fantasy and Tekken would be exclusively on it. Also I have a lot of PS2 games and wanted to play them on my next gen platform and store my PS2 in the basement so I could save space in my room.

I love SSBB but the game became garabage and I traded it because online was really laggy and hardly and nobody was ever on. Playing SSBB by yourself isn't fun. MKWIi I bought as well and that was garbadge too. I hated the controls it was only fun for a few games then it got boring. NSMBWii I haven't tried but it's a game that makes it worth it to buy a Wii just for that. I have the original Nintendo that I can play the classic version on so it's not that great in my eyes. As for SMG I don't like 3D Mario. I played Mario 64 and a little bit of another 3D Mario game ( i can't remember which one) and I did like it at all. Plus for some reason I feel really sick while playing them.... motion sickness or something idk. There are a few other Wii games that I did like though but even if I put them all together it still doesn't feel to me like it was worth it getting the system for them. A lot of them are multiplayer, and since the friends I do game with normally want to play the PS3 or Xbox 360, I have no one to play the Wii games with.

By online quality I only meant the speed/lag while playing a game (like playing death match in CoD) I don't care about all the features Xbox Live has. Xbox Live is better then PSN if you want Cross game chat and other little stuff like that. But I only care about playing my game online against other people, and for just that PSN is the same quality as Xbox Live.

Playstation All-Stars is one of the best games I've played this gen, and is the most fun I've had in a game this gen.

only ps3, I dont play that much to buy another one

Edit: Got it on 2007, got the yellow light thing this year and I got a new one

Around the Network

I started off with a xbox 360 in july 2007, broke in june 2008. Went back to pc gaming for 2 years. Got a PS3 in July 2010 its working fine still and enjoying playing it along with my pc games.

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

2005: Nintendo DS bought

2006: Sony PlayStation 3 bought at launch

2008: Nintendo Wii bought

2009: Sony PSP bought

2011: Upgraded to a new laptop to satisfy my PC gaming needs

And hopefully for Christmas 2011 I get Vita.

Well I started this generation off with Wii. I have always been a Nintendo Loyalist only buying Nintendo's consoles and I love Nintendo's first party content more then all of the other developers and publishers games combined. I loved my Wii and had a blast with LOZ:TP I put in 80+ hours on TP alone. However when Nintendo announced at E3 2006 that Microsoft and Sony were no longer competition. I decided that the third party titles on Wii just weren't their and that I wanted to play the best third parties had to offer. So I bought my 360 Elite.

My first title for my Elite was Halo3. I always enjoyed playing Halo at friends houses so it was sort of cool to get my hands on a copy for myself. I quickly bought up all my favorite third party games. Though I must say my Wii at the time took up 70% of my playtime. Now a few years ago I bought an HD LCD 1080p Sony Bravia. I knew that the only console that would do it justice and allow me to watch BluRay's was the PS3.

However shortly after buying PS3 I realized I hated PSN and didn't really enjoy any of Sony's first party offerings other then LittleBigPlanet. So my PS3 as a game console has probably been used less then 100 hours. However I use the PS3 as a BluRay player all the time and that makes up for its lack of solid games.

In the end I think next generation I will be a Nintendo guy again. I might by Nex-Box but I doubt I will ever purchase another PlayStation product. Infact if WiiU gets decent third party support (Meaning all multiplatform games are ported to WiiU) then I highly doubt I will even buy a Nex-Box. Nintendo is still my favorite company and this generation proved that while I do like third party games and the odd Microsoft title like Halo. I am still a Nintendo guy.

If I had to choose this generation a single console. Wii would be that console. Nintendo just makes the best software!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

May 2008 - PSP
October 2008 - Wii
June 2009 - PS3
July 2010 - DS
January 2011 - New PC

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

I got a DS in 2005, a couple of weeks before the UK release date (got Uncle to get it from US), got a Wii on release date in December 2006. In Mid 2007, got a DS lite. Late 2008, I bought a PS3. Early 2009, I got a DSi and most recently I got a 3DS on launch day in 2011.