By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

I finished an article looking at my favourite pieces of music from Vita games. Basically an opportunity for me to gush over Falcom and Gust, if anyone's interested:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2017/06/22/a-tour-through-the-soundtrack-highs-of-vita/

Around the Network

Some nice music there. The DanganRonpa and Falcom games are the pinnacle of video game music in my book so no surprise to see them there. 

A couple underrated pieces I've found in Vita's library are tracks like Code Red (Freedom Wars), Hope and Future on the Same Page (Soul Sacrifice) and pretty much the entire Gravity Rush OST. I actually remember making a thread a few years ago talking about how some Vita exclusives have the best OSTs I've ever heard.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

Great list but a shout-out to Atlus for the awesome sound track of Blazeblue series and how can you forget Persona 4!!!!

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

BlowoverKing said:

Some nice music there. The DanganRonpa and Falcom games are the pinnacle of video game music in my book so no surprise to see them there. 

A couple underrated pieces I've found in Vita's library are tracks like Code Red (Freedom Wars), Hope and Future on the Same Page (Soul Sacrifice) and pretty much the entire Gravity Rush OST. I actually remember making a thread a few years ago talking about how some Vita exclusives have the best OSTs I've ever heard.

Nice picks! Gust and Falcom were right at the top of my list, as you can tell from the article ;)

SnakeDrake said:
Great list but a shout-out to Atlus for the awesome sound track of Blazeblue series and how can you forget Persona 4!!!!

Still haven't played Persona 4, so it's not so much forgotten as it is never listened to in the first place :P

Kresnik said:
SnakeDrake said:

Still haven't played Persona 4, so it's not so much forgotten as it is never listened to in the first place :P

Still can't believe the biggest Vita fan hasn't played the consensus best Vita game.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

I've no idea if this is common knowledge, but I literally found out today that you can access Crash Bash on Vita... well, a beta version of it. That has all the levels in at least!

You need Spyro 3 to access it. Apparently the Crash Bash demo in that game can access a cheat menu that has access to everything. Mind blown! Was writing an article about PS1 classics missing from Vita store (which included Crash Bash) then found this. So awesome:

https://www.crashmania.net/en/games/crash-bash/unused-content/demos/cheat-menu/

I'm playing it right now, and other than the fact that you can't really progress because it's just a level selector, it's mad fun having the whole game here.

outlawauron said:
Kresnik said:

Still can't believe the biggest Vita fan hasn't played the consensus best Vita game.

I aim to please :P

But seriously, I'm hoping it's as good as everyone says it is, but based on my impressions of Persona 3 Portable I'm not very hyped.

Kresnik said:
outlawauron said:

I aim to please :P

But seriously, I'm hoping it's as good as everyone says it is, but based on my impressions of Persona 3 Portable I'm not very hyped.

How far did you play P3P, and what did you not like about it?

outlawauron said:

15 hours 26 minutes according to my save data.

Looking back, I was probably overly harsh on the game, but I was expecting a lot considering how people raved about it. I found the combat system bland; the dungeon crawling boring and the plot didn't move anywhere in the time I played it. Only thing I really liked was characterization.

Kresnik said:
outlawauron said:

15 hours 26 minutes according to my save data.

Looking back, I was probably overly harsh on the game, but I was expecting a lot considering how people raved about it. I found the combat system bland; the dungeon crawling boring and the plot didn't move anywhere in the time I played it. Only thing I really liked was characterization.

I feel like it is a bit harsh since the plot and characterization are tied together and you should have had some good development by then.

You not a fan of randomly generated dungeons? While the combat in Persona is elite, I've always enjoyed the weakness/1 more system.