By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

Recently bought a physical copy of REvelation 2 (that's right, physical baby!) at my nearest retailer for a 20 bucks and I gotta say I'm impressed by how it plays.....but not how it looks, and sounds

My quick review:

Storyline - 9/10
This is where the game and the franchise itself, truly shines. Almost feel like Saw series in terms of story telling and that's a good thing. I had questions about how Barry was gonna find her daughter, who's the little girl, what happened to everyone and not to forget, who's the main villain this time. And everything is unfolded piece by piece, like arranging a puzzle. Since I'm a read-lover, reading the notes scattering throughout the game is a bonus for me

Gameplay - 8/10
Smooth gameplay although there's few area the fps drop badly. Being able to dodge and crafting weapons are very good additions. Even the raid mode can be addictive.

Graphic - 7/10
The graphics are pretty murky. Most, if not all, of the shading and lighting seen in console versions is gone.
Good thing I've set my expectation to low on this. It does not look so bad especially on OLED screen but it wasn't good either, and I could understand why. I heard the console version is almost 30 gb so being able to compressed to 3.9 gb (900 MB from latest patch) is quite daunting.

Audio - 5/10
That's extremely compressed sound it got there. The music can be faintly heard especially during encounter with B.O.Ws and bosses. Sure the game wants you to be panic by playing a distressful music but playing on Vita, you almost can't feel the suspense from it

Others - 6/10
Looooooooong loading time *sigh*

Replay value - high
Need.....to.....collect....those......germs!!

Final verdict - 7/10
A decent game indeed. If you have plenty of time to kill, might as well try out this. But if you have consoles then you better pick the console version for better experience. As for me, i wanna let the developers out there know that there are still plenty of people playing Vita today.

Around the Network
drdante said:

Recently bought a physical copy of REvelation 2 (that's right, physical baby!) at my nearest retailers for a 20 bucks and I gotta say I'm impressed by how it plays.....but not how it looks, and sounds

My quick review:

Storyline - 9/10
This is where the game and the franchise itself, truly shines. Almost feel like Saw series in terms of story telling and that's a good thing. I had questions about how Barry was gonna find her daughter, who's the little girl, what happened to everyone and not to forget, who's the main villain this time. And everything is unfolded piece by piece, like arranging a puzzle. Since I'm a read-lover, reading the notes scattering throughout the game is a bonus for me

Gameplay - 8/10
Smooth gameplay although there's few area the fps drop badly. Being able to dodge and crafting weapons are very good additions. Even the raid mode can be addictive.

Graphic - 7/10
The graphics are pretty murky. Most, if not all, of the shading and lighting seen in console versions is gone.
Good thing I've set my expectation to low on this. It does not look so bad especially on OLED screen but it wasn't good either, and I could understand why. I heard the console version is almost 30 gb so being able to compressed to 3.9 gb (900 MB from latest patch) is quite daunting.

Audio - 5/10
That's extremely compressed sound it got there. The music can be faintly heard especially during encounter with B.O.Ws and bosses. Sure the game wants you to be panic by playing a distressful music but playing on Vita, you almost can't feel the suspense from it

Others - 6/10
Looooooooong loading time *sigh*

Replay value - high
Need.....to.....collect....those......germs!!

Final verdict - 7/10
A decent game indeed. If you have plenty of time to kill, might as well try out this. But if you have consoles then you better pick the console version for better experience. As for me, i wanna let the developers out there know that there's ppl still playing Vita today.

thank you, I was just checking gameplay footage off Youtube to help me decide about where should I spend my 20€ card. It's either This + Steins;Gate or P4D + SAO HF Or just go with Digimon since i've been waiting for this sale since a long time.

SnowPrince said:

thank you, I was just checking gameplay footage off Youtube to help me decide about where should I spend my 20€ card. It's either This + Steins;Gate or P4D + SAO HF Or just go with Digimon since i've been waiting for this sale since a long time.

You are welcome! Hmmm that's a tough decision.......though I may recommend Digimon for ya. but this game shouldn't be overlooked either. 

Just do what your gut says

Oreshika is on July's PS+ lineup for the US. People better get on it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Well that seems promising...

Around the Network

Bamco teasing a new God Eater related announcment soon. I wonder if it's God Eater 3 and if there will be a vita version.

I guess we'll find out at TGS.

NesFe said:
Bamco teasing a new God Eater related announcment soon. I wonder if it's God Eater 3 and if there will be a vita version.

I guess we'll find out at TGS.

I could see that, early 2017 God Eater 3.  Though I feel they've still saturated the market a bit between there being two games last year.

If it is GE3, absolutely no chance it's not on Vita.  Bamco may be silly at times, but it's still gonna be their main market for the time being.

Ordered a new 32GB memory card.
Got a few games from the Mid-Year sale.

Ar nosurge Plus $16
Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 2 $3
Hyperdevotion Noire $3
MegaTagmension Blanc $16
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 $12 (Hope it has cross save)
Adventures of Mana $14
Also got Takes of Symphonia Chronicles for PS3 for $4
Have $7 left to add to whatever comes next week.

I Love Playstation, but my uncle works at Nintendo.

Kresnik said:

Well that seems promising...

Lol they already know what fans want. What a tease lol.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

iamRockman said:
Ordered a new 32GB memory card.
Got a few games from the Mid-Year sale.

Ar nosurge Plus $16
Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 2 $3
Hyperdevotion Noire $3
MegaTagmension Blanc $16
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 $12 (Hope it has cross save)
Adventures of Mana $14
Also got Takes of Symphonia Chronicles for PS3 for $4
Have $7 left to add to whatever comes next week.

Some excellent choices in there, enjoy!