By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
gabzjmm23 said:
NesFe said:

Congrats on your purchase !

That depends, there are over 3 years worth of games. What type of games do you like ? From the games you bought, you might like Digimon (I really enjoyed it), Killzone Mercenary for first person shooters or uncharted. I also always recommend Gravity rush for people (you should see some gameplay videoes to decide if you might like it).  Dangan Ronpa games, Zero Escape (VN and puzzles with awesome stories).  Ys games for action JRPGs or Tales of Hearts R, Dragon's Crown.Muramasa  Then there is the trails in the sky series (FC, SC and Cold Steel).I could go on :P

No, you need to have the cartridge in the vita to play, unless you want to use remote play ?(ps4/vita) in which case you onlly need the game in your ps4 and you can play wirelessly on your vta.

thanks JRPGs are my primary genre.  I'm okay with any genre and just started to play Uncharted in PS3/PS4.  
About the crossplay would I need a PS Vita One Piece game? or would it work just getting the download files for One Piece PS Vita

Yea I believe you need the vita version of the game, though don't quote me on that. Anyways congrats on the purchase! Since jrpgs are your primary genre, you'll definetely have a blast with your vita.

Around the Network
NesFe said:

Thanks Kresnik. I guess I'll wait till it's cheap before i check it out though japanese psn takes a long ass time to reduce the game prices(game is still at 6664 yen (60$) and it's been over a year since its release).

-------
Okay, I encountered something that might annoy people in the vita version of Attack on titans. When you're using eren in Titan form and fighting lots of titans, a lot of them don't show on screen and they pop in a couple of meters away from you. i have literally punched the air a couple of times only to see a titan flying away from it lol. It's like fighting invisable enemies.

I definitely wouldn't pay $60 for it, lol.  If you ever spot it for $20-$25 dollars, I'd dive in.  It's not a great game, but it's the kind of janky fun you can have with a cheaply made Japanese game like this.  Plus if you're a fan of the anime you can get something from the character battles.  It reminds me a bit of Destrega from PS1 if you ever played that, characters throwing loads of spells from range at each other.

What I find weird is that they went for a 3D brawler like this.  They had the 7 schools tournament for the anime, why not adapt that into a game and have them competing in all the minigames from that?  Lol.

Also, lol about AoT.

gabzjmm23 said:
NesFe said:

Congrats on your purchase !

That depends, there are over 3 years worth of games. What type of games do you like ? From the games you bought, you might like Digimon (I really enjoyed it), Killzone Mercenary for first person shooters or uncharted. I also always recommend Gravity rush for people (you should see some gameplay videoes to decide if you might like it).  Dangan Ronpa games, Zero Escape (VN and puzzles with awesome stories).  Ys games for action JRPGs or Tales of Hearts R, Dragon's Crown.Muramasa  Then there is the trails in the sky series (FC, SC and Cold Steel).I could go on :P

No, you need to have the cartridge in the vita to play, unless you want to use remote play ?(ps4/vita) in which case you onlly need the game in your ps4 and you can play wirelessly on your vta.

thanks JRPGs are my primary genre.  I'm okay with any genre and just started to play Uncharted in PS3/PS4.  
About the crossplay would I need a PS Vita One Piece game? or would it work just getting the download files for One Piece PS Vita

For RPGS, I'd go with recent releases:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel and Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth. For older titles, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Child of Light, Oresheika: Tainted Bloodlines, and any/all of the Atelier games. If you've got the money and time to sink into them all, start from the beginning: Atelier Rorona Plus, Atelier Totori Plus and Atelier Meruru Plus complete the Arland Trilogy and then Atelier Ayesha Plus and Atelier Escha and Logy Plus. I'm sure we'll get the final entry to the second trilogy, the Dusk subseries, Atelier Shallie Plus later this year/early next year.

All of the above titles I had a blast with. Usually ranging from 20-55 hours depending on the title, they all had a unique atmosphere and interesting stories, with fun battle mechanics. They all ran great too...minus minor(imo) framerate hiccups here and there. They'd definitely be money well spent.

gabzjmm23 said:

JRPG's you say?

Atelier is my favourite JRPG series on Vita.  Torori & Meruru are the best, but you can't go wrong with any of them really.

If you want exclusive games (I see you mention Uncharted on PS3/PS4) I'd recommend Ys: Memories of Celceta; Tales of Hearts R & Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines.  If you're after anything, then throw Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth; Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel and Lost Dimension in there too.

ShadowMagist said:
gabzjmm23 said:

For RPGS, I'd go with recent releases:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel and Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth. For older titles, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Child of Light, Oresheika: Tainted Bloodlines, and any/all of the Atelier games. If you've got the money and time to sink into them all, start from the beginning: Atelier Rorona Plus, Atelier Totori Plus and Atelier Meruru Plus complete the Arland Trilogy and then Atelier Ayesha Plus and Atelier Escha and Logy Plus. I'm sure we'll get the final entry to the second trilogy, the Dusk subseries, Atelier Shallie Plus later this year/early next year.

All of the above titles I had a blast with. Usually ranging from 20-55 hours depending on the title, they all had a unique atmosphere and interesting stories, with fun battle mechanics. They all ran great too...minus minor(imo) framerate hiccups here and there. They'd definitely be money well spent.

Kresnik said:
gabzjmm23 said:

JRPG's you say?

Atelier is my favourite JRPG series on Vita.  Torori & Meruru are the best, but you can't go wrong with any of them really.

If you want exclusive games (I see you mention Uncharted on PS3/PS4) I'd recommend Ys: Memories of Celceta; Tales of Hearts R & Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines.  If you're after anything, then throw Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth; Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel and Lost Dimension in there too.

Thanks.  Will surely check on those games.  So far I need to finish P4 Golden.  I'm already 60% on P4 in my PS3, but playing starting a new game on vita is fine. :)

Around the Network
gabzjmm23 said:

I've just bought Vita the Borderlands bundle. And bought Persona 4 Golden as well. Any game recommendations? Thanks.

I also have the One Piece cross play game, would I be able to play it without the game disk on my vita?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=211751&page=1

That thread outlines what I think are the best games on Vita.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

BlowoverKing said:
gabzjmm23 said:

I've just bought Vita the Borderlands bundle. And bought Persona 4 Golden as well. Any game recommendations? Thanks.

I also have the One Piece cross play game, would I be able to play it without the game disk on my vita?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=211751&page=1

That thread outlines what I think are the best games on Vita.

that is a great llist.   Will check Danganronpa and other RPGs.  

gabzjmm23 said:

Thanks.  Will surely check on those games.  So far I need to finish P4 Golden.  I'm already 60% on P4 in my PS3, but playing starting a new game on vita is fine. :)

Never know that P4 is also available on PS3

Anyway congratz on your purchase! You're now officially the member of the cult. Praise Goddess Kat

As for recommendations aside from Nesfe, Kresnik and Shadowmagists already gave, try Demon Gaze, Operation Abyss New Tokyo Legacy, Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus and Estival Versus, Akiba's Strip, Soul Sacrifice Delta, Toukiden Kiwami, Ragnarok Odyssey ACE and Freedom Wars.

Btw P4G has additional contents such as character Marie, 2 new bonds Aeon and Jester and more personas

Good luck finding all personas and max out your bonds hehe.....

gabzjmm23 said:
ShadowMagist said:

Kresnik said:

JRPG's you say?

Oh yea there's also a series called Hyperdimensional Neptunia. I'd recommend it if you would like to play something goofy and that doesn't take itself seriously. It does reuse a lot of assets, so some dungeons and monsters look very similar(or identical xD), but the humor and characters can definetly keep you engaged in it.

Also recently Trails Of Cold Steel has really kept me busy, 10 hours in and still in Chapter 1 xD. You don't have to play any Trails of games to understand the story, so I think it's a good place to start. Lots of content to keep you busy(a lot like persona 4) and the music is absolutely beautiful, definetely recommend this one too.

And yea I never get tired of Persona either :)

I agree Hyperdimensional Neptunia it a very decend game.