By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
Kresnik said:
Scisca said:
Yakuza games are fighters or open world GTA-like games? Cause if they are fighters - meh. Otherwise I'm interested.

They are open world, but they're very limited open world, you can't really interact with much stuff, just quests or arcade machines.

Mhm, so it's something like Zelda: Twilight Pricess "open world"? Cause I'm fine with that and would love such a game on Vita.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network
Scisca said:

Mhm, so it's something like Zelda: Twilight Pricess "open world"? Cause I'm fine with that and would love such a game on Vita.

I haven't played Twilight Princess, sorry :P

There is an open world.  You can run around and go wherever you want within Kamurocho (or whatever city you're in).  There's "random battles" - basically thugs will come up to you and initiate a fight if you run past them.  There's like, shops and stuff which you can buy items from, but otherwise all it's really there for is to run from quest to quest.

Kresnik said:
Scisca said:

I haven't played Twilight Princess, sorry :P

There is an open world.  You can run around and go wherever you want within Kamurocho (or whatever city you're in).  There's "random battles" - basically thugs will come up to you and initiate a fight if you run past them.  There's like, shops and stuff which you can buy items from, but otherwise all it's really there for is to run from quest to quest.

Cool, sounds a lot like TP (I recommend, btw!) I really want a game like that on Vita. Right now I'm hyped for Civilization, I hope it's good, but after that I'd like to play something oper world-y.

*cough* GTA Trilogy, Morrowind HD, KOTOR 1&2, Gothic 2 *cough*

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Scisca said:

Cool, sounds a lot like TP (I recommend, btw!) I really want a game like that on Vita. Right now I'm hyped for Civilization, I hope it's good, but after that I'd like to play something oper world-y.

*cough* GTA Trilogy, Morrowind HD, KOTOR 1&2, Gothic 2 *cough*

I'm really itching for a western open world game too.  I'd really hoped 3PP have picked up something.

More about Uppers:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=181478538&postcount=69

This game is made by Bullet, 
the same developer behind Kenka Bancho 3, 4, 5, Bros, PSP remake

So it is Kenka Bancho :(

Around the Network
Kresnik said:

My hype has gone for Uppers:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=181467846&postcount=24

From the creator of Senran Kagura (Takagi), Uppers is coming out in Spring 2016.

Battles are fought in front of girls, and doing well by defeating the enemies will result in their encouragement, powering the character up. By doing really well, the character can bury his face in their chest or grab it.

After seeing who the producer was, I knew there was some catch to it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Kresnik said:

My hype has gone for Uppers:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=181467846&postcount=24

From the creator of Senran Kagura (Takagi), Uppers is coming out in Spring 2016.

Battles are fought in front of girls, and doing well by defeating the enemies will result in their encouragement, powering the character up. By doing really well, the character can bury his face in their chest or grab it.

After seeing who the producer was, I knew there was some catch to it.

Well its good to know the man is sticking to his philosophy. Tits are life, ass are hometown. Xd

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Kresnik said:

Haha. We don't get any actual Yakuza, instead a load of Yakuza rip offs.

I'm happy with that. More chance of coming west.

(I wish we got a Kenka Bancho game for me to import, though)

Hey, XSEED has a press conference tomorrow, maybe they're gonna announce localization already :D

Like we got a lot of "MonHun ripoffs"...

And.. Really, You wasn't expecting that type of game from Senran Kagura? a Fighting Grop'em Up! I'm in... like NesFe, i have years watching anime and more than getting acostumed, I got a liking for good fanserviced games and animes XD

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Scisca said:
Yakuza games are fighters or open world GTA-like games? Cause if they are fighters - meh. Otherwise I'm interested.

The more precise definition of Yakuza games are jRPG on a Japanese mafia setting... You can go anywhere, but You can not punch/kill/shot anyone You see like on GTA games, is not that type of Sandbox.. You can not drive neither (Not sure about Yakuza 5, but until 4 there wasn't driving). And Battles are random, You are walking and some thugs will look for a fight with you, You can not refuse and then you will appear on a limited stage ussually sorrounded by pedestrians. Fighting system is a fighting game. And You charge some gauge that let you use some speial moves, You can use some things on the stage to fight too, like cones, bikes, benchs and stuff that enemy drops after some good punchs. You can use potions and to heal, gain "MP", attack, defense, etc.

Apart from that, Yakuza have a lot of minigames ans side things to do.. one of the funniest I have see was on Yakuza 3, where to get a new abillity/combo/special there are random Events (following a bunch of QTE) you can trigger on the city and those will inspire Kazuma Ryo to create new movements.

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

DemoniOtaku said:

And.. Really, You wasn't expecting that type of game from Senran Kagura? a Fighting Grop'em Up! I'm in... like NesFe, i have years watching anime and more than getting acostumed, I got a liking for good fanserviced games and animes XD

I didn't know the Senran Kagura producer was involved when I made that comment :P