By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

You guys seen this oddly awesome news?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/1259255

“Hi Bloodstained backers - Armature here with another update. It turns out that a people have shown a ton of interest in our plan to port UE4 to the WiiU and PS Vita. Since they're not officially supported platforms, it's going to be a lot of work to get Bloodstained and UE4 on these platforms, but we are up to the challenge.

“Since the community got these platforms off the ground, we figure that it's best to let the community have them back when we're done. As a result, after the release of Bloodstained we will share, for free, the UE4 WiiU and Vita code with any developer authorized to develop on those platforms! Thank you all very much for this opportunity!”

Around the Network

Pretty boxart for Infinite Stratos 2 WP LE

Kresnik said:

You guys seen this oddly awesome news?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/1259255

“Hi Bloodstained backers - Armature here with another update. It turns out that a people have shown a ton of interest in our plan to port UE4 to the WiiU and PS Vita. Since they're not officially supported platforms, it's going to be a lot of work to get Bloodstained and UE4 on these platforms, but we are up to the challenge.

“Since the community got these platforms off the ground, we figure that it's best to let the community have them back when we're done. As a result, after the release of Bloodstained we will share, for free, the UE4 WiiU and Vita code with any developer authorized to develop on those platforms! Thank you all very much for this opportunity!”

That's actually really cool! Hopefully it might extend the life of ports to both systems (though obviously most importantly Vita for portability) as no doubt quite a few of the indie staples etc will start to look to switch over to UE4 at some point?

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

deskpro2k3 said:
how is Operation abyss new tokyo legacy? anyone tried it yet?

I've played about 5 hours and so far it's been great. I'm liking it better than Demon Gaze, theres more of a story and the music is good as well. It is harder than Demon Gaze though but I'm still fairly new to dungeon crawlers so for someone more experienced it would probably seem easier. I'd consider it the best Vita game of 2015 so far.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

BlowoverKing said:

theres more of a story and the music is good as well. 

Very glad to hear these two.  Music was already great in Demon Gaze, imo, but the lack of a story really hindered my enjoyment of it.

Aesthetically Operation Abyss looks a lot more like my kind of thing, but gameplay wise it looks very similar to Demon Gaze so I've been holding off.  Might pick it up sooner rather than later now.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:

BlowoverKing said:

theres more of a story and the music is good as well. 

Very glad to hear these two.  Music was already great in Demon Gaze, imo, but the lack of a story really hindered my enjoyment of it.

Aesthetically Operation Abyss looks a lot more like my kind of thing, but gameplay wise it looks very similar to Demon Gaze so I've been holding off.  Might pick it up sooner rather than later now.

At the surface the gameplay may look the same between the two but they're actually pretty different. In the beginning you can just mash the attack option until you kill the enemies but already only 5 hours in I'm having to use more strategy than I ever did in Demon Gaze. Obviously there aren't any Demons in Operation Abyss but instead you have a "Unity" meter that lets you do group attacks or skills and the more you use it you level it up and it becomes better.

Also you can't level up in dungeons you actually have to leave and heal each party member and only then will the experience points they earn be given to them. And my favorite thing about the game is that you actually have clear missions instead of "hey go and wander around for hours and hope you find Pluto, k bye". Some missions have you recovering something in a dungeon, finding certain people, or others have you trying to find a special enemy. 

Like I said in my other post, it's easily the best Vita game so far this year and is worth full retail.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

Some Grand kingdom Screen Shots and Artworks:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/06/10/newly-announced-ps4ps-vita-jrpg-grand-kingdom-gets-first-screenshots-and-artwok/

Vita games vita games every day seems like something new gets announced that's a whole lot of nothing ;)

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero trailer :

BlowoverKing said:
Kresnik said:

At the surface the gameplay may look the same between the two but they're actually pretty different. In the beginning you can just mash the attack option until you kill the enemies but already only 5 hours in I'm having to use more strategy than I ever did in Demon Gaze. Obviously there aren't any Demons in Operation Abyss but instead you have a "Unity" meter that lets you do group attacks or skills and the more you use it you level it up and it becomes better.

Also you can't level up in dungeons you actually have to leave and heal each party member and only then will the experience points they earn be given to them. And my favorite thing about the game is that you actually have clear missions instead of "hey go and wander around for hours and hope you find Pluto, k bye". Some missions have you recovering something in a dungeon, finding certain people, or others have you trying to find a special enemy. 

Like I said in my other post, it's easily the best Vita game so far this year and is worth full retail.

Interesting comments. How far did you get in Demon Gaze? I only ask this because the last optional boss is the bane of my existence.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.