By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
badgenome said:

Good grief! Nude Maker wants THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS for their Night Cry (PC version) Kickstarter. I get that they want to bump it up to home console quality, but goddamn.

I wonder if they'll bring those improvements to the vita version. I might back them if they do.

Around the Network

Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy) Remastered soon on PS Vita?

In the Amazon description for the Steam version ( http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SLXWUCE

"Key Upgrades: • High-definition Graphics — All of the in-game textures have been meticulously recreated in HD for mobile and desktop. • Full Controller Support — Support for Sony and Microsoft controllers for desktop platforms. • Live Graphics Comparison — Players can switch between the updated visuals and the original art assets with the touch of a button."

"Mobile version" means probably iOS and Android, but perhaps the PS Vita, too. Quantic Dream is on very good terms with Sony and a port of Heavy Rain or Beyond: Two Souls would be a bit heavy on the download size. Fahrenheit should be a much smaller download, even with HD textures... so it would be a better fit for a handheld.

I played Fahrenheit twice on PC, one time with mouse gestures and one time with a game pad. Touch screen gestures should work pretty nice, even better than the mouse gestures. A Vita version could offer free choice between touchscreen control and stick/button control (like The Walking Dead on Vita).

I read that Toukiden will be a PS+ title in February, anyone know if there's any credibility to that rumour?

Roronaa_chan said:
I read that Toukiden will be a PS+ title in February, anyone know if there's any credibility to that rumour?

Possibly, though it would be an odd time for that now. Depends though on the sit and where the source is. Most times it's leaked early and right about 75% of the time

Been for quite awhile in asking this but why does some games on Vita have texture distortions in some areas? Does anyone know? Or is it my Vita only?

Examples:

Around the Network
tpjp said:

Been for quite awhile in asking this but why does some games on Vita have texture distortions in some areas? Does anyone know? Or is it my Vita only?

Low quality development...

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

I love anime shows but for anime games... I don't really expect a lot from it...

But still, if PS Vita wants to rise, we need at least a major game release of a Naughty Dog game (Instead of a spin-off :3 )

Click Here To Check Out My YT Channel!

DemoniOtaku said:
tpjp said:

You think Killzone Mercenary ois low quality development? Damn you have high standards :D

I get exactly the same distortions. I'm not sure what causes it? Seems to be on games with "busier" or more detailed textures. I wonder if its a quirk with the GPU much like the pixelated light effects some games (Particularly NFS Most Wanted) have must be.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
DemoniOtaku said:
tpjp said:

You think Killzone Mercenary ois low quality development? Damn you have high standards :D

I get exactly the same distortions. I'm not sure what causes it? Seems to be on games with "busier" or more detailed textures. I wonder if its a quirk with the GPU much like the pixelated light effects some games (Particularly NFS Most Wanted) have must be.

I do have noticed that ports have more of this problem instead of the exclusives so developers might not be too worried about optimizing the games better, replacing textures and such or it is just hardware limitations that require a lot of rework to get around them.

If you are referring to the light reflections on the cars in NFS these are also noticeable, WRC 4 cars have this problem too.

It is a shame, because some games like WRC 4 (worst case I've played) could look a lot better on the Vita :

I'm actually damn pleased with how WRC 4 turned out visually, it's leaps and bounds above WRC 3 and the content of the game is far better too. It looks like it could well be the best handheld rally game we're ever going to see.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.