By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
ladyumbra said:
I want both those games and neither will likely ever be localized.

But it looks like MonMon is easily playable without knowing any Japanese...

Around the Network
Aerys said:

Ys Celceta should be on the way for the US release, they work on it : http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/134952/a_30_year_fantasy_the_story_of_.php?page=3

"We're hoping the Western audiences will really enjoy our new PlayStation Vita Ys game, Celceta no Jukai, and we're putting a lot of effort into it."

Great news, I will gladly buy this game again, just for support :).

Kresnik said:
ils411 said:

Its sad how Sony just cant do anything right...first they get trashed for trying to bring home console gameing experience to handhelds, and now they're getting crap from you guys for trying to make games more portable friendly.

Sony just can't get a break

This.  It's actually frustrating at the moment to see some of the replies in this thread.

Full home console experiences on a handheld is the biggest problem Vita is facing, imo.  Adapting Killzone is a smart move, and there's no reason why it can't be the best of both worlds - some Unit 13 style mission structure mixed in with more lengthy and 'epic' console-like stuff.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.  Let's just wait and see how it turned out.  From the minute they announced the name "Killzone Mercenary" at Gamescom I thought "This is an opportunity to make a proper home console experience adapted for handhelds", and it looks like they're making good on it.

At bolded and underlined: Depends on who you ask I suppose. For me, the reason why I prefered the PSP over the DS and now the Vita over the 3Ds is due to the fact that most games do feel like full home console experiences. I'm just one of those guys, during the SNES era wished that I could bring these awesome games on the go with me, and thats during the time when gameboy ruled the handheld scene. The Game Gear and the Lynx tried to make home console experience available on the go with colored screed and graphics that shit all over the gameboy. But the problem with these handhelds were that there weren't enough games to go around plus the fact that they both drained AA batteries like no ones business! The Game Gear if I remember correctly used 4 AA batteries and sucked it dry in less than 2 hours. The lynx was even worse, not sure if its 4 or 6 AA batteries, but DAMN!! that thing was a battery sucking monster! Compere these with the gameboys 4 AA batteries that will keep you playing far longer.

Anyways, enough of that. I forsee Killzone Mercenary getting tones of crap and shit! why you ask? well..

1. If they try to go the Unit 13 route, they'd get blasted with "Unit 13 sucks balls! why make Kilzone like that?!!! you FAIL SONY!"

2. If they try to addopt a more home console approach and not use a mission base system and instead just make the missions/stages shorter they'd get shit like "WTF did you gimp Killzone?! This aint killzone, this is CRAP! YOU FAIL SONY!"

3. If they try to bring full home console experince to the Vita with killzone they'll get shit like "thats the problem! nobody likes full console games on a handheld! its a hand held and should be enjoyed in short bursts! YOU FAIL SONY!"

4. If they try to port Killzone 1 or 2 or 3 or whatever they get "WTF! what a crapy gimped port!!! YOU FAIL SONY!!!"

Honestely all the hate in the net over the Vita is just plain stupid. Haters will just keep on making excusses just to shit on Sony and the VIta.

trying to find all the speed cameras sucks, 1 damn camera yet too find . gggrrrrrrr

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
trying to find all the speed cameras sucks, 1 damn camera yet too find . gggrrrrrrr

They are installing new ones in your city as well? Damn this crisis! They grow like mushroom after rain over here as well. The government wants to take every single penny away from us...

;)

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network
ils411 said:
Kresnik said:
ils411 said:

Its sad how Sony just cant do anything right...first they get trashed for trying to bring home console gameing experience to handhelds, and now they're getting crap from you guys for trying to make games more portable friendly.

This.  It's actually frustrating at the moment to see some of the replies in this thread.

Full home console experiences on a handheld is the biggest problem Vita is facing, imo.  Adapting Killzone is a smart move, and there's no reason why it can't be the best of both worlds - some Unit 13 style mission structure mixed in with more lengthy and 'epic' console-like stuff.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.  Let's just wait and see how it turned out.  From the minute they announced the name "Killzone Mercenary" at Gamescom I thought "This is an opportunity to make a proper home console experience adapted for handhelds", and it looks like they're making good on it.

At bolded and underlined: Depends on who you ask I suppose. For me, the reason why I prefered the PSP over the DS and now the Vita over the 3Ds is due to the fact that most games do feel like full home console experiences. I'm just one of those guys, during the SNES era wished that I could bring these awesome games on the go with me, and thats during the time when gameboy ruled the handheld scene. The Game Gear and the Lynx tried to make home console experience available on the go with colored screed and graphics that shit all over the gameboy. But the problem with these handhelds were that there weren't enough games to go around plus the fact that they both drained AA batteries like no ones business! The Game Gear if I remember correctly used 4 AA batteries and sucked it dry in less than 2 hours. The lynx was even worse, not sure if its 4 or 6 AA batteries, but DAMN!! that thing was a battery sucking monster! Compere these with the gameboys 4 AA batteries that will keep you playing far longer.

Anyways, enough of that. I forsee Killzone Mercenary getting tones of crap and shit! why you ask? well..

1. If they try to go the Unit 13 route, they'd get blasted with "Unit 13 sucks balls! why make Kilzone like that?!!! you FAIL SONY!"

2. If they try to addopt a more home console approach and not use a mission base system and instead just make the missions/stages shorter they'd get shit like "WTF did you gimp Killzone?! This aint killzone, this is CRAP! YOU FAIL SONY!"

3. If they try to bring full home console experince to the Vita with killzone they'll get shit like "thats the problem! nobody likes full console games on a handheld! its a hand held and should be enjoyed in short bursts! YOU FAIL SONY!"

4. If they try to port Killzone 1 or 2 or 3 or whatever they get "WTF! what a crapy gimped port!!! YOU FAIL SONY!!!"

Honestely all the hate in the net over the Vita is just plain stupid. Haters will just keep on making excusses just to shit on Sony and the VIta.

You are rigth best selling game in PSP was home console like game in PSVita is the same

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

@scisca, i was referring to the speed cameras in : need for speed most wanted :)

@scisca, but yes they are putting up those red light cameras at every damn light in the city :(

ils411 said:
Kresnik said:
ils411 said:

So true...

ANd when a game is on VIta and other console ( except 3DS ), you hear " pfff, useless, i can play it on my 360/PS3/Wii", but when a game is on 3DS ( for once )and other console except on Vita ( like RE Revelation ) , you hear " pfff, vita is doomed -_- " but never " pfff, 3DS lose her better exclusive "  ( what you would hear if AC liberation would be port on an other console )

Hater and anti Vita are so sadly stupid, made me sick

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

They are giving away every retail Vita game I bought with PS+ :(. Damn.